Author Topic: First service on P-250 and some other stuff I did  (Read 2084 times)

kawzak

• View Profile
First service on P-250 and some other stuff I did
« on: July 13, 2008, 03:18:06 AM »
I am doing my first service. Using Amsoil synthetic 10w-40 motorcycle oil,and Amsoil synthetic Extreme pressure lube for rear unit. Oil screen is at bottom of engine under a small cap/cover-inspected and washed in solvent. I am tempted to change the coolant/anti-freeze with a premium mix as I not sure the factory mix used distilled water/mix or just tap water/mix. I also put Locktite on the (3) muffler bolts that another member said loosens up and falls out. I have install an LED in the under the seat cargo light, and an LED 1157 tail/stop light bulb, and LED lic plate bulb  (uses less curent). I will also inspect the variator belt for anything odd and check nuts and bolts. Does anyone know of any aftermarket foam or cotton/gauze air filter manufacturers ? K&N does not make an air filter for the Kymco P-250. I don't really like paper elements much (like the OEM). I am open to any tips from forum members. Thanks

frankt3095

• View Profile
Re: First service on P-250 and some other stuff I did
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:55:04 AM »
Howdy,

I can't find a K&N for the PS250 either.  I had the thought of taking the paper element out, and fitting a cylindrical K&N to the inlet hose [remounting the box cover, but without the filter].  Haven't done it.  Reluctant I guess.

Since I had a Leo Vince performance exhaust installed last month, I have been thrilled with performance and mileage [routinely 80 + mpg, with brisk take offs], so I doubt that a K&N will do anything for me.  Besides, I got skittish about the warranty in removing the stock filter.

There you have it!
f

olbull

• View Profile
Re: First service on P-250 and some other stuff I did
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »
Good  idea...But  why  remount the  box?? Less weight  and Im  sure it will  look  great..

OlBull
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()