Author Topic: Coolant check & access to recovery tank  (Read 1650 times)

kawzak

• View Profile
Coolant check & access to recovery tank
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:38:27 PM »
I have a question here, the coolant recovery bottle has small painted cover right above the location of the bottle-so you can get to the cap. This small (about 4" x 4") has (1) phlipps head screw in the right upper corner, remove the screw, and I still can't get the cover off. I don't want to crack or break it, I dont want to pry on the edge of this painted cover, since it only has (1) screw in the corner I am guessing it has to have some type of tab or something at the bottom/side. Maybe its just stuck to the painted inside edge? Anyone else experiance this? Thanks for any replies.

frankt3095

• View Profile
Re: Coolant check & access to recovery tank
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 03:50:57 AM »
Howdy

Not sure if you have the P250 or the PS250.  Mine is the PS250.  Same description as yours in re the access door.  After taking out the screw, I then reach behind mine via the front wheel well.  I pushed REALLY hard on the access panel, and it snapped right out.  I noticed four raised tabs [12 o'clock, 3, 6, 9] on the back side of the panel, so I lubed them with Lithium grease.

It has been on and off about 10 times now during periodic checks of the coolant level.  Gets easier all the time.  Now it's routine for me: out goes the screw, in goes my right hand, PUSH hard, and out she comes.

I doubt you will break it using this method.  It is one strong bugger.

Scoot safe and happy
frank
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 05:45:43 AM by frankt3095 »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()