Author Topic: Rode home new People 250 today-slowly  (Read 2411 times)

kawzak

• View Profile
Rode home new People 250 today-slowly
« on: June 29, 2008, 03:37:47 AM »
I picked up my new People 250 today. While waiting for shop owner to do paper work, I read owners manual.Hmm-break in speed 60km, thats 38 mph !-Geeez and suggested for the first 600 miles (approx). I was guilty of running it up to 50 or so on the way home,(45 miles away). I don't know if this scooter has a steel lined or nickisil cylinder, but it must be very close tollerance if recomended break-in speed is this slow- any one out there adhear to these guidelines ? If not, any long term draw-backs (use oil?) I have always been easy on a new engine but this seems like really over-doing it.

olbull

• View Profile
Re: Rode home new People 250 today-slowly
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:43:50 AM »
Congrats!!!!

Ride it like  you  stole  it!!! Full out   right  out  of the box..If shes gonna  spit a bolt let her  do it  now.. Just  vary  the speeds  and change  the  oil  as  recommended..Switch  to  Amsoil  after  the  3 rd  change....Ive  said  this  before..The  rider  may  need  a break in  period...The  bike doesnt..

OlBull
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

olbull

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 11:46:15 AM »
0... oil  consumption  and I crossed  13000kms  yesterday..I  do  run  Amsoil  Scooter oil  and change  every  2000km..
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

kawzak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 08:15:46 PM »
Thanks for the info-Olbull, I have about 85miles on it now, ridin about 50-60 most of the time to/from town. I also like synthetic oil(s) for engine and rear axle unit. It is starting to get smoother all the time. The variator had a vibration or harmonic that would come in/out at lower speeds-getting better already. Just for my own information I put(3) small marks on the throttle grip at zero,1/2,and ,WOT, and an indicator mark on the stationary housing. this way I can look to see the position of throttle at whatever speed I am going (an old trick I use to use when fixing Jetting woes), any way it seems like about 1/4 throttle at 50 mph on flat surface road. I might hook up a Fluke meter to find out RPM-just to know whats what. I should have bought one of these years ago. It is so quite,and seems to run effortless on the road-I am inpressed for a 250cc engine.

HIGA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 07:07:38 PM »
Bought my XcitingR300i (270cc, mostly same engine as yours) about three months ago; know what ?!? I started riding it f./ hard right from the first inch. First day up to 140 kmh. First oil change at 700!!!! 'cause I had no time and mind to do it any earlier.
Now it's over 3000 km, speeding up to 150kmh at 9k rpm and working great. Lucky ?!? That's the way I chose to break it in.
P/S: Gas consumption about 23 km/l.

Good scootin' everybody !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()