Author Topic: Question?!  (Read 4882 times)

texasbudd

• View Profile
Question?!
« on: June 25, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »
I've been researching the People 250 for sometime now. I realize that  they've been discontinued. I live in the Va. area and have only been able to locate 2, both of which are red. I'm not crazy about the color, and also the price seems to be a bit high, around $4,500 OTD. You guys have any suggestions as far as locating a charcoal one for a reasonable price? New, w/ warranty. Thanks!

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Question?!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 12:19:57 AM »
Name-brand (e.g, NOT mainland Chinese) scooters in Nashville?  There aren't any. Everyone's sold out, and taking pre-orders for August delivery, soonest.

The People 250 was $4400 OTD locally, while they were still available, so the price you've been quoted is pretty much in-line with the retail price + freight, taxes and dealer prep.

Good luck!

texasbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 12:33:13 AM »
MAN! That's crazy. Thanks for the heads up, though. I'm not sure I can wait that long.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:44:14 AM »
Yeah -- the reason I wanted to tell you that is because if you can even lay hands on a People 250, $4500 isn't that bad a price. There haven't been any in Nashville since May, when the last of the '07s got sold. Maybe where you're at, people aren't yet clawing at each other to buy scooters, but it's a feeding frenzy, here!  I had a guy offer me $1500 for my 2004 Yamaha Vino Classic the other day. Pffft. The last scooter I sold, a Kymco Agility 125, was on craigslist for just over four hours before a guy laid $1800 in my hand.

Honda dealers have been told by Honda USA that what they have in stock will have to last 'em until 2009. They're out.

I fear for the fortunes of my local dealers... it's insane. I hope Taiwan's hired Santa's elves, and got 'em working all three shifts!

olbull

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
Kymco  got  caught with  the  surge in  gas  prices... They  were  keeping supply   low  do  to  declining  sales in the american market..Kymoc  sales were  up 2% last  year  over  year  ..Where  as  Vespa  was  down  over 20%..Same  reason  Honda  decided  to  skip  a  model  year  and work  off  inventories,,,No  thoughts of  $4 gasoline  was  anticipated and production  doesnt turn  on  a dime...What  surprises  me  is  the  outstanding finance  offer  kymco  has with  little to  no inventory  on  the ground..

Ive attached a  link  to  display Piaggio's stock  price..Even  with  record  fuel  prices overproduction and  over priced  product doesnt  cut it..http://www.advfn.com/quote_Piaggio_BIT_PIA.html

Kymco's  path is pointing  up...keeping  supply  tight  ensures  dealer profitabilty  and resale  value... And with  a  profitable dealer  network,customer  satisfaction  can  me  maintained..

Ever  hear a Toyota  or  Honda dealer complain?? Now  a  Ford  or  Chevy  is  another story..

OlBull
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

texasbudd

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:33:16 PM »
Thanks, fellas. So does this mean that the People 250 is done and won't be reproduced in one form or another? Excluding the S, of course. Should I check out used ones? That generally seems to be frowned upon.

olbull

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »
Whats wrong with  used..Infact  if  you  can  find  a  low  mileage  p250 that  has  more  than  1 year left on  its  warranty  you  can  purchase  extended  warranty  for up to another  3 years  and still  be ahead  of  the game $$$$$...

OlBull
2007 P250

If  your  not the lead dog the  scenery never  changes

equium

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 04:56:25 PM »
the 250 I got last saturday was (as i was told) the last in our area. (east of Sacramento,ca).  The dealer said he could have sold mine 3 times while he was holding it for me (3 days).  4500 OTD is less than what I paid by a few hundred bucks.  Mine was a new '07 with 3Km.  it was $3999, but after the dealer prep, taxes, etc, it was a few dollars under 5K.  It's the grey one.  I'm sure I'll be happy with it once I heal.  :'(

geezerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 09:35:28 AM »
You guys are making me feel really good about the deal I got.  Paid $3,100 for a new 04 two years ago from an out of state dealer who couldn't sell it.  Got a pickup from Rent A Wreck for $35 and a tank of gas, went and got it, and have been riding happily ever since.
People 250
Cortech Sport Saddle and Tail Bags
Kuryakyn Grips
Givi E33 top box
Air Hawk seat cushion
34,000 km and counting

frankt3095

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 03:57:26 AM »
Hi all,

My dealer in AZ said the P250 is no more.  They are going with the PS250 exclusively for the rest of the year.  The 2008 [or 2009] will be like the Euro version: PS250i; fuel injected.

best,
f

kawzak

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 03:00:24 AM »
The "S" model is the only one to be sold in the US I am told. Some of the late Kymco sites only show the "S" model. The regular P model had a larger carb, I assume it had a different cam and timing profile also. Maybe it was faster-Probably wasn't as clean running(emissions) as the "S" model.

jmterri

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 10:25:53 PM »
You might look into Craigslist.. local or out of state.. if you don't mind finding used and taking a drive.
I found a used one here in Ok... with 10Kilometers (about 6k miles.. ) for $2K. Had been dropped, but I have had worst things that don't bother me.. craigslist.com  select your city and type scooter' in the middle left and enter.. Good luck.

scartervt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 02:21:38 PM »
I'm feeling real good about mine.  Got an '07 P250 in March for 3300 OTD.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()