Author Topic: People 250 Review  (Read 3727 times)

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
People 250 Review
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:11:30 PM »
Looks like you have to buy the article.  Interesting concept for a motorcycle site considering the magazine can be purchased for not too much more...

http://www.roadrunner.travel/article-5941.php
Here is the beginning of the text.
Kymco People 250
A Popular Choice
Let's see, my driveway is right at ten miles from the parking lot here at the palatial RoadRUNNER towers. Simple math indicates that I'll ride Kymco's People 250 right at 100 miles every week just to get to my keyboard. Throw in a couple of errands and an occasional long-way-home jaunt and I may actually burn close to an entire tank of high test in a week. The cool thing is, the tank only holds a splash over two gallons.

Yes sir, you've got to love it when you jab that gas nozzle down in the tank, squeeze the handle and before you even have the time to say, "Wow, small Icees are only forty-nine cents this week," the handle pops out of your hand and the numbers stop whirling in the $5.67 range. Though no one likes to see gasoline prices continuing their lunar trajectory, those of us in the scooter-commuter world don't seem to notice it quite as much. Heck, the gallon and change I just pumped into Kymco's People 250 will get me to work and back home all this week and into the next. I fiendishly chuckle knowing I'll probably use less gas today than the guy who's been standing there pumping the juice into that enormous SUV will use just to merge onto the freeway. On top of it all, the People is far from being machina non grata on said four-lane stretches, the parking is a breeze, and I can zip through slow traffic with ease all while looking eco-hip and stylish in the process.

Power to the People
For a small, lightweight machine, the People is no slouch in the power department. The liquid-cooled, 249cc, four-stroke single delivers a pretty decent punch to go along with its economy. Grab a handful of throttle at a stoplight and you'll be surprised just how much jump you can get from just under 20hp. Cars and trucks simply fall away, especially nowadays with folks treading gingerly on their accelerators. Ha-ha, that's something we scooter types needn't concern ourselves with, because even if you ride it like you're mad at it, the People will still return over 60mpg. And so what if your commute involves a stint on the highway? The Kymco is up to the task. Now, you're not going to be blowing the doors off those SUVs, but 65-70 miles per hour is not a problem, singly or two-up. I just cruise along grinning in the granny lane knowing full well that I'll get there soon enough and save a bunch of bucks doing it....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()