Author Topic: Mods-led spots reworked  (Read 693 times)

xsel777

• View Profile
Mods-led spots reworked
« on: February 14, 2016, 10:17:34 AM »
This sat I spent time working on redoing the led spots on my scoot.

Recently I had to get a new front tyre,
which is when the need to redo things came up.

I did not see that the technician had bent the crap out of the spot mountings to get access to the front brake mounting bolts,when fitting the new tyre.

But I did see later when the front was jumping up and down while riding, and stopped to take a look at the cause of this new behaviour.
I took the scoot back to the shop and a balance sorted that.

The pic below is the way out used to be.
The bracket,  L shaped, was facing back, and with the spot secured in place, left no access to the front brakes topmost mounting bolt.
Also, the spot was slightly hidden by the front fender, so some illumination was blocked.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:27:21 AM by xsel777 »
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Mods-led spots reworked
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 10:21:53 AM »
I got some computer rack brackets, and with a hacksaw, drill, and grinder got it to the shape and size that would improve matters,plus giving access to that bolt for future tyre changes.
The L is now facing forward bring the spot forward as well.

I used two larger diameter nuts for spacers  on a longer s/s bolt  to get the mounting around the fork, because I did not want to cut the strength of the mounting away to get it to fit behind the fork.

A plus is that the new mountings are thicker, as the originals bobbed a bit in the wind,and the bobbing spots scratched the forks, and these new mountings are nice and stable.

Here is a front view where you can clearly see that the spots are out further, and full illumination is possible.
Job well done.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 with Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 10:34:51 AM by xsel777 »
2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()