Author Topic: Mechanical help needed!  (Read 586 times)

xXTheDudeeeXx

• View Profile
Mechanical help needed!
« on: September 23, 2019, 03:22:51 PM »
I have been having a odd issue with my 2009 kymco agility 125 lately, It idles and dies randomly it never is a promise when i come to a stop if it will stay running. yet if it does die it starts right back up and idles fine. It is just after about 30 secs of full throttle or riding at a constant speed it does it. Also if i give just a little throttle it bogs down for about 7 or 8 seconds an then either a, dies or b, i fluxiate and rev the throttle to full throttle and back to none repeatedly and it catches it self. i dont have alot of funds but this problem is really annoying. Anyone have a clue what this could be? any help would be great!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanical help needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 10:50:32 PM »
Hello, welcome!
We need the history of this 10 year old scooter's service life.
How many miles?
How old is spark plug?
How long since valves were adjusted?
Neglected valves and/or spark plug can cause your issues -- assuming you did not buy your gasoline from a guy on a dirt road selling fuel in Pepsi bottles?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Re: Mechanical help needed!
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 06:38:57 AM »
The problem could be caused by fuel starvation. A good starting point would be to clean the carborettor properly, and to replace the fuel filter. Chances are good that you are sitting with clogged carborettor jets or a clogged fuel filter.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()