Author Topic: since day 1, been stalling.  (Read 821 times)

X File

• View Profile
since day 1, been stalling.
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:40:59 AM »
My gf got a 2014 agility 2months ago. It has been stalling. Start it up, sometimes it dies idling. Warmed up go to take off, it stumbles then dies. Driving it down the road later then sputters, dies. Always one of those 3.
I have done the valves, they are correct. Did two back to back gas tanks with 2oz of Techron.
Drilled tiny hole through gas cap and gasket.
Took it to dealer said they can't find out what's wrong with it. They had no problems when they drove it. I asked the guy if dirty carbs since it sat for a year, gas from factory in bowl. He said they don't add gas at the factory, couldn't be it. Its currently sits at just under 600km.
I don't want to take it back to them and get the run around again. Its a lame $1900 bike, wasting their time. Hers is the only one they ever had a problem with they say. Oh yeah and the one I bought from them they had to replace the stator. Just our 2 are the only problem kymcos, they are a great brand they say.
At wits end. Don't want my gf to get ran over in traffic. sh** happens every ride. Seems this is common crap with agility and there's 6 different reasons/solutions. Help!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: since day 1, been stalling.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 04:51:05 AM »
You have a bum dealer. I 100% guarantee it's the carb. Even if it didn't come with as from the factory, what about the year it sat at the dealer not being test rode? I clean ALL the carbs on bikes we sell before customer gets it. Also the air fuel screw comes covered so you can't adjust it, and they come all out of whack from China. You want it set at 3 turns out. Tell your dealer you want the carb cleaned and idle jet made adjustable.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

MrXT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 04:57:24 AM »
Fuel/air mixture screw needs adjusting as does the idle screw. Carb could be dirty maybe old gas has sat in it t the shop for a while. The dealer needs to sort it if they don't then return it.
Kymco agility city 125cc (2013)
4000km

X File

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 12:32:12 AM »
Update: she took it to the dealer, another mechanic worked on it. Said another part was broken, emissions part she told me was broken. He took it off and now you can see a blue plastic line showing under the gas tank. She drove it today and so far so good.....

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:17:41 AM by X File »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()