Author Topic: New Member New Scooter  (Read 255 times)

Noah

• View Profile
New Member New Scooter
« on: June 27, 2022, 03:31:17 AM »
Hi,

Picked up a 2020 Like 200i with 0 miles at a dealership in mid March. Currently, I've put close to 2500 miles.  Cost me 3800 out the door with tax and fees (probably a bit much)

First thing I did was find a guy who knew a guy who could change that thing they call a headlight.  He put in a pretty bright led and it worked great for 2 months.  Then one day the highbeam j
ust stopped working.  Tracked him down and after trying to put a new Led he realized it wasn't the blub.  So now I'm not sure what to do.  On a side note he also changed the runner lights with LEDs too

As far as the scooter goes, I really like the like.  Its great to travel on back roads at 35 to 40 mph or below. Higher than that it's like playing Russian roulette especially on roads with posted speeds of 50.  Unfortunately, some of those roads I can't avoid.  At those speeds it feels like I'm piloting a vegetable stand with wheels. 

I found this forum after I bought the scooter.  And from what I read I may have decided to upgrade to the a bigger scooter if I found the forum before.  I always pull the trigger and ask questions later. 

Anyway, I decided to order some City Grips2 which I hope will give the vege stand some stability.  I felt like those tires were straight out of the flinestones. 

Some questions I have are:

Has anyone found a solution for a phone mount? 
Do you think my warranty will be jeopardized if I ask the dealer to he lp me with the headlight?
Other than oil and gear oil changes is there anything I should do considering my milage? (I've used it pretty hard)

Any other suggestions are always welcome...

Thanks

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: New Member New Scooter
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 04:39:23 PM »
$3800 is only a bit high. Many paid @$3200.
Kymco warranty does state you must use Kymco parts.
Did your lighting tech check the fuses?

As for maint stuff....see the owner's manual for the correct schedule.
Two oils, check the valves and the PSI in the tires.
Airfilter seems to stay clean for a long time....brake pads are long lasting. (I'm at 19,000 miles and 40% worn)

Keep up with the engine oil! Needs less than a Qt.....do it often.
The thing will probably run on Mountain Dew - but I use only Top Tier. It's your call. Your $3800.

Yeah - not much fun above 45 or so - others love it at 65+ - they say. "Internet.... :) "
It's well made - one of Kymco's least problematic. "Bullet Proof", often used.

If you need faster - buy bigger.

Welcome to the forum!
What color did you get?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Roads by TJ

• View Profile
Re: New Member New Scooter
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 12:15:01 AM »
Nice on ya for getting the 2020 model. Mine is a 2016 and ride it everyday.I can go about 50-55mph easy much above that and I have to sat at full throttle and I don't do that. But 50 is nice and easy on some road out here. As far as oil changes I try to do them between 700-800 miles as best I can and personally use full synthetic as it's not that much when it's only a quart at a time with no filter. Speaking of oil change I need to do one now.
TJ

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()