Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 500

Bigger wider tyre?

(1/3) > >>

guile:
I posted this topic before, but I'm still curious: has anyone tried a WIDER backtyre on their X500? It would be nice to put a wider one, just for esthetics. There is plenty of room on the sides (1.575 inch) and above, but I'm not sure if it's safe.

The stock backtyre = 150/70-14.

Any comment is welcome!  

Thanks,
Gijs

axy:

--- Quote from: guile on March 22, 2011, 12:52:19 PM ---I posted this topic before, but I'm still curious: has anyone tried a WIDER backtyre on their X500? It would be nice to put a wider one, just for esthetics. There is plenty of room on the sides (1.575 inch) and above, but I'm not sure if it's safe.

The stock backtyre = 150/70-14.

Any comment is welcome!  

Thanks,
Gijs

--- End quote ---

I will respond what I always say to this type of question: 30 years ago people used to drive on such a tire with 3 times the power of your X500 and had no problems with tire width whatsoever. As it is, it is oversized.

bongoman:
Well said, Axy. Rather, well written. Having said that, I had to get a rear tire on my '07 on a Saturday and was forced to mount a Bridgestone Hoop, size 160/60/14. I like the way it rides. I do not know if it's the width that makes the difference. It feels stiff, more sure-footed. I think that may be as much the result of the design as the increased width. It looks good too.

drifter:
hey can you post a picture with the 160 mounted? Was planning on getting the diablo 160/60 on the rear but can't find a front tire that matches the height. 120/60

darkshvein:
Hello. What your feeling after long time? Did you replace tyre again?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version