Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 500

Am I missing something here??

(1/2) > >>

Unbreakable Cracker:
Is there something I'm just not seeing here? Does this plug have a home?? ExcitingR 500i
     Side note: on the TBI model, is the fuel filter a part of the fuel pump assembly (located inside of the tank) or located externally??

CROSSBOLT:
Where is the orphan plug/socket with two green wires located? Anywhere near the sidestand means it is a bypass for the sidestand switch. Anywhere else there is a possibility that it bypasses something else that requires a ground to operate.

Ruffus:
If its in the middle tunnel above fuel pump, its the sidestand bypass.

Unbreakable Cracker:

--- Quote from: CROSSBOLT on February 04, 2024, 11:24:51 AM ---Where is the orphan plug/socket with two green wires located? Anywhere near the sidestand means it is a bypass for the sidestand switch. Anywhere else there is a possibility that it bypasses something else that requires a ground to operate.

--- End quote ---
      It is located under the access panel, in the mid-fairing, just above the fuel pump housing atop of the fuel tank.

Unbreakable Cracker:

--- Quote from: Ruffus on February 05, 2024, 05:16:59 PM ---If its in the middle tunnel above fuel pump, its the sidestand bypass.

--- End quote ---
         That is absolutely where it is. You have piqued my curiosity. Can you elaborate on this side stand bypass? My assumption is that what you're saying is that I can unplug the side stand sensor, and connect that plug with the orphan plug, which would then allow me to start the bike, and then put the side stand back down, while I run back into the house to grab whatever random things I happened to forget, and all the while, the bike continues to preheat the engine... correct?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version