Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 500

Xciting 500i homeless, taken care

(1/7) > >>

Ruffus:
Dear scooteristi, you might understand seeing a KYMCO 500i hanging around, with sad headlights watching for a new home, appealed to my god heart and took her home.

An aquaintance of mine called in and ask what to do, this scooter seems to eat batteries like me burgers.
Needed only this year three of them. After a short check it came to a rotten regulator/ rectifier, which cooked them up.

Guys didn't come to the idea to measure incoming voltage. When I checked, battery had incoming 17.6 volts and 65°C, pretty hot to my hands.

Well, to shorten the story, it's in my workshop right now and waits for a new reg/rec.
For reasoning I took it for an acceptable price.
MJ 2008, 18000 kms, one owner, showroom condition, new tyres, brakes and shiny.

First modification : LED headlight and running lights.
Second mod: Topcase mounted

Edit: reg/rect. arrived for €28,-  works great
..installed a voltmeter too for further control and less surprise..
..bought a new belt €150,- pretty expensive MITSUBOSHI
..waiting for Dr.Pulleys gliders 29x22 x 30 gr (want quiet cruising) to change at once..

Iahawk:
all right, Ruffus! I really like that color...I think Kansas Kymco had a similar one?

That looks like an easy headlight bulb change. 500 cc's, I bet that's a fun scoot!

Neil955i:

--- Quote from: Iahawk on August 10, 2023, 11:05:30 PM ---all right, Ruffus! I really like that color...I think Kansas Kymco had a similar one?

That looks like an easy headlight bulb change. 500 cc's, I bet that's a fun scoot!

--- End quote ---

See Hawk, one man’s meat… it looks orange to me so first job would have to be a re spray! 😂. With all due respect to KK RIP

wymple:
Is the charging system permanent magnet? If so there are r/r that are wonderful stuff to upgrade the system. The most common comes from Polaris. I got mine off ebay for 40 bucks, but there are signs you need to know to get a genuine piece. Check out the Suzuki forums for good info.

Ruffus:
Next step to personalize this 500i was to eliminate its original airfilter system and put something more adequate in it.
Let her breathe more freely!

In this case a leftover straight monofilter from one of my GUZZIs. (pls see pics)

The original filter box remains in place, only its connection pipe has to be removed (red arrow).

Reason for leaving in place: oil fog from gear still evaporates into and sale considerations.
Amount, we will see?
Fuel map has to be changed a little bit to cope with its second air system and make a really sweet runner out of this heavyweight.
Plusses:
- 10 to12 kmh more topspeed
- smoother acceleration
- less consumption (not fully tested yet, but seems to be 1 ltr/100km)

Minusses:
- access to diagtool and computer neccessary
- light snoring sound when accelerating

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version