Author Topic: oil leakage from the telltale hole and ignition coil burnt - downtown 125  (Read 865 times)

Eladb2

• View Profile
hello frined.
i have a oil leakage from the telltale hole.
its leak very slow.
if i replace the mechanical seal that slove the problem?
and one fo the ignition coil is burnt, look at the picture and see this :

i need to replace this ignition coil?
thanks for the help!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Yes you do need to replace it. What happened is the insulation has melted on one of the windings. That in turn  collapses the magnetic field, and creates either less voltage or less amperage. That is if it is on the charging side of the stator. If it is on the Ignition side it will reduce the power to the Ign coil, and produce a weaker spark.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Oil Leak. Can you post a Pict of where it is weeping from? It Always means a seal is going if you see engine oil in the stator housing or Variator housing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Looks like the Stator to me too.  Not ignition coil.  I replaced mine on my Xciting 250.  Be sure to buy the gasket between the cover and the block.  Use gasket sealer too.  Probably the hardest joint to seal I can remember.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
What' happening UBF?

Hope life is feeding you a string of cherries Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()