Author Topic: 2014 MXU 300 trans shot  (Read 1283 times)

Mlj2355

• View Profile
2014 MXU 300 trans shot
« on: March 21, 2019, 04:09:39 PM »
Hello,
So my trans is fked! Not sure how this happened, I've followed all recommended change intervals been extremely careful when engaging into gear ect. The quad has low hours and isn't beaten to hell.
So the short story. My son (16) went for a ride about 2wks ago in the snow, he called me from trails and said the quad wouldn't move forward, the wheels were locked! We had a friend go and try to tow him back but the wheels locked up in neutral. He had to Mater home in reverse about a mile. He did say he noticed a moan he didn't hear before prior to the issue. Over the weekend when I finally had time I drained the trans oil and it's full of metal bits! FUBAR.

So what am I in for? I'm a DIYer and have multiple bikes so I'm good to tackle this myself. Is there any good how-to's/videos? Does anyone have a service manual?

Thanks to all,

Mike

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 2014 MXU 300 trans shot
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2019, 09:20:24 PM »
As much as I hate to say this...I can remember being 16, I wouldnt let my 16 yr old son go beyond my site on my machine!  No offense intended...the number one cause of a cvt transmission failure is shifting while the machine is moving and or hammering the throttle hard and the transmission is not fully in gear. This is true from all cvt transmission manufacturers....

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()