Author Topic: Like 200 top speed?  (Read 17501 times)

BigRig548

• View Profile
Re: Like 200 top speed?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 12:59:18 AM »
Thanks everybody this is just the info I need. I'll probably look into the 300i as the only dealers within 90 mi are Genuine & Kymco. I do'nt really care for the sort of cross between bike and scooter that the big scooters have, I like the look and seating position of the step through. I'll keep you posted with what I end up getting. Thanks again for all your input I'm really glad I found this forum.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2014, 04:19:56 AM »
That dealer is either stupid or lying. I've never been able to get a Like over 65, and that's full throttle screaming. If you need freeway capabilities the gti is a wayyyyyy better fit.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2014, 09:38:40 AM »
That dealer is either stupid or lying. I've never been able to get a Like over 65, and that's full throttle screaming. If you need freeway capabilities the gti is a wayyyyyy better fit.
Mk 1 VW Golf is an even better fit for highway fļying. A classic little rocket now.
Had two of them....only ride more fun than a scooter...except maybe the Audi 4000S.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
I think salesmen assume the LIKE is more capable than it is for a 163cc scoot. A 170ccSYM will do 70, for example. An honest mistake...I hope.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

dzeetz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2014, 04:09:47 PM »
Greetings all, I'm new here.  I bought my Like 200i on July 3rd as a retirement gift to myself and will soon have 1500 miles on it.  I would have to agree with Stig and others that this scooter is best as an urban vehicle, though that could be stretched to suburban.  So far, 58 mph is all my 220 lb. self can achieve on level terrain.  I live in southern AZ and rode about 200 miles round trip via back roads from SE Tucson to Bisbee two days ago.  Summary: scenic and slow.  40 mph on inclines if I had momentum while approaching them.  After I get past that limitation, I find that the Like 200i enters a serene, happy place at about 50 mph and feels as if it could live there all day.  This is not a touring scooter, though you can do it if you accommodate yourself to it.  I will need to do something about that seat, though.  I am soon moving to Bisbee and I bought this scooter with that in mind.  I think it will be ideal on local hilly streets at appropriate speeds and far more convenient with its CVT than my motorcycle, which will remain my touring choice.  As an errand runner or a short to medium distance pleasure riding option, it does well for me.  It is a lot of fun in those roles and a great value. One question, I am new to forum posting.  How do I post an Avatar?
With enough time, you'll get there.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2014, 11:38:05 PM »
Greetings all, I'm new here.  I bought my Like 200i on July 3rd as a retirement gift to myself and will soon have 1500 miles on it.  I would have to agree with Stig and others that this scooter is best as an urban vehicle, though that could be stretched to suburban.  So far, 58 mph is all my 220 lb. self can achieve on level terrain.  I live in southern AZ and rode about 200 miles round trip via back roads from SE Tucson to Bisbee two days ago.  Summary: scenic and slow.  40 mph on inclines if I had momentum while approaching them.  After I get past that limitation, I find that the Like 200i enters a serene, happy place at about 50 mph and feels as if it could live there all day.  This is not a touring scooter, though you can do it if you accommodate yourself to it.  I will need to do something about that seat, though.  I am soon moving to Bisbee and I bought this scooter with that in mind.  I think it will be ideal on local hilly streets at appropriate speeds and far more convenient with its CVT than my motorcycle, which will remain my touring choice.  As an errand runner or a short to medium distance pleasure riding option, it does well for me.  It is a lot of fun in those roles and a great value. One question, I am new to forum posting.  How do I post an Avatar?

Welcome aboard. You are exactly right about what a Like is and isn't. To add an avatar you need to be signed in and in the upper left corner of the frame you'll find an option titled Profile, click on it. From that select Forum Profile. You'll find

Personalized Picture
Select your option from the list below and you'll have your avatar.

No avatar
Choose avatar from gallery
Specify avatar by URL
Upload an avatar

kbshaq

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »
Thanks everybody this is just the info I need. I'll probably look into the 300i as the only dealers within 90 mi are Genuine & Kymco. I do'nt really care for the sort of cross between bike and scooter that the big scooters have, I like the look and seating position of the step through. I'll keep you posted with what I end up getting. Thanks again for all your input I'm really glad I found this forum.

Hey BigRed, that's exactly what I did.  :)
I went to a dealer ended up buying the 300i.  I'm getting nothing buy positive review for both the Like 200 and People GT 300i.

A little sidenote:
I figured either bike would be one heck of an "upgrade" from my Vino, which is waiting for a Variator belt right now.

dzeetz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 10:53:33 AM »
Thank you, TroutBum, for the avatar guidance.  I continue to enjoy my LIKE and have put 1500+ miles on it in the first month, much of that on two lane roads out in the country.  (Being newly retired helps).  I have noticed how much more I can appreciate the scenery at 50 mph.
With enough time, you'll get there.

BigRig548

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2014, 02:23:27 PM »
At 320lbs....55mph?
You would be riding constanly with the throttle jammed to the stop.
Not a good way to drive a car, nor a scooter.
Also, the short wheelbase and light weight of this scooter would not give you a stable or reassuring ride at that speed, especially when trucks pass you!!.
You would need to give the seat a thorough rebuild to add more padding (the seat of this scooter is a major complaint of many owners)
I think you need to step up in scooter size...in the Kymco line, or test a SYM 200 at the very least.
You will most likely regret your purchase if you buy too small a scooter. If you get the correct size...it will be a blast to ride & own!
Stig
I'm back! Just could not pull the trigger on the 300i, went with the Sym RV200 Evo. The dealer is 100mi away but for $2300 less I had to go. Only got 80mi on it so far but it seems to have all the power and speed that I need,and is fairly comfortable to ride. I want to thank Stig for the recomendation.

atxscooterguy

• Two Wheels is Better than Four
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2015, 07:16:33 PM »
Top speed on mine is 62 mph, i'm about 185 lbs, cross winds definitely suck on this bike! Feel like i'm getting whipped around like a chicken!
'89 Honda CBR 600
'14 Kymco Like 200i

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2015, 08:00:36 PM »
From my experience on MC's you need at least a 350cc+ to be able to ride with and zoom past modern day freeway traffic, anything less isn't enough zoom in my book.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2015, 12:32:25 AM »
From my experience on MC's you need at least a 350cc+ to be able to ride with and zoom past modern day freeway traffic, anything less isn't enough zoom in my book.

I agree. I find there is no reserve power beyond 40-45 mph. What little there is between 25-45 mph isn't enough in my opinion. It pays to plan ahead and create a safety zone. 

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 11:21:46 AM »
the like 200 and the people 200 have the same speed
ALL STOCK

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 01:22:11 PM »
The P
the like 200 and the people 200 have the same speed
The People should be a lot more stable at speed with its larger wheels. There were no big wheel scooters avail. locally when I purchased my LIKE200i , or I would have purchased one instead. I like my Like, but I'm 6'3" and would have enjoyed bigger wheels.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 06:00:22 PM »
I'm don't know how you fit on that like 200i
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()