Author Topic: My new ride  (Read 2667 times)

RURC

• View Profile
My new ride
« on: March 22, 2013, 04:22:19 AM »
Well I got a deal and bought an '07 500. It really is a great looking scoot.

I do have a few questions that I hope someone can help answer.

What should I expect for gas mileage?
In the mornings or after the bike has sat for several hours the first few accelerations I hear a whine from the transmission. Is this normal?
Will the flasher module handle LED light bulbs?
I want to convert the headlight to HID any suggestions?

Well here is a photo of my scoot. I am planning to repaint it but still thinking about what to do.

ts1

• View Profile
Re: My new ride
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:22:02 AM »
What should I expect for gas mileage?
depending on your riding circumstances and style about 5 litres/100km (47 us mpg).
In the mornings or after the bike has sat for several hours the first few accelerations I hear a whine from the transmission. Is this normal?
Not normal, but a rather frequent bug. Perhaps cleaning the vario will help.
Will the flasher module handle LED light bulbs?
LEDs have lower resistance, flashing frequency would be too high. You'd need an additional electronic component (perhaps already integrated in dedicated LED flasher bulbs).

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:49:47 AM »
Alot of people get high forties or so. Some get over 50, and some low 40's, it depends on how you ride. Don't worry about the squeel. I think it happens do to dust from clutch wear, belt getting more narrow with miles, clutch spring getting a tiny week with age? It won't hurt anything. My 2007 started to do it quite some time ago. They did a great paint job, but pink? First owner was a woman I guess? It's beautiful, but even me being a sissy mary I think I would have to paint it! To bad though, they did a great job. I would ask who painted it, and have them paint it for you again. Maybe a real man-ly color like my 2007 orange HOG. ;) :D :) ;D :-*

RURC

• View Profile
My new ride
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 01:43:41 PM »
Yep it is really pink. But I have to say it is very nice. What the photo does not show is the purple haze flip flop that you can really only see in person. I have been around custom cars most of my life and this is one of the best I have seen. Very tasteful. But not masculine at all. Right now I just tell everyone that it was done for the breast cancer ride we did a few months ago. My wife loves it, and if she drove it every day then she could keep it. But it is my ride.

I am considering having the whole thing chromed. So all the pink would go chrome and the rest the gray and black.

But I stole the thing because no one wanted a 500cc scooter in pink. I got it for $1500. It only has 9500 miles on it. It is spotless. Took it to the dealer after I got it and he said that this was the cleanest bike he had seen in years.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:36:48 PM »
$1,500 Good deal! :-*

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 06:49:08 AM »
awesome deal.

might have to clean the clutch might be glazed.  Seafoam every other fill up  about 1 oz.  If you start to lose power it is five years old and has a carb. You might have to replace the diapharam soon.

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

RURC

• View Profile
My new ride
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »
awesome deal.

might have to clean the clutch might be glazed.  Seafoam every other fill up  about 1 oz.  If you start to lose power it is five years old and has a carb. You might have to replace the diapharam soon.

Sea foam is good for so many things. When you say diaphragm I assume mean one in the fuel pump. Or is there another elsewhere?

Right now power is not a problem but I do wonder about the clutch. It just seems that 50 mph at 5500 rpm is a little fast. Am I wrong?

To be picky I don't like the location of the center stand. It is very difficult to put it up on it. But that is about the only real complaint

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »
No, that's about right for the RPM. The diaphram is attached to the carb slide on the top of the carb. Just un-screw the 4 screws from/on the top of the carb, slowly remove slide, diaphram and needle. And replace with new one. A 5 minute job. If new diaphram will not seat down into the grove it slips down into, just dab the bottom with a little grease, and it will stay in grove so you can replace top cap/cover of carb. With those miles I would not worry about clutch glaze. If it squeels a bit, it's just normal for the X500. :-*

RURC

• View Profile
My new ride
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 02:25:21 AM »
Thank you sissy mary. The scoot is really very nice. I now have the 40 ltr trunk and a set of removeable saddle bags. Not the very nice Givi's but a nice set for my needs.

When I bought the bike the previous owner had taken the factory and cut down the windshield so it looked more like a sport bike. While I really like this look I think I would like to get my hands on another factory windscreen. If anyone knows of an wind screen that will fit the older Xciting please let me know.

I am also preparing to change the headlamp to a HID. I have a delay relay that will delay the light from coming on for up to 3 minutes. So I won't have to worry about the voltage stabilization when you first start it up. Any other ideas or things to watch for that you can think of would be great everyone.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 05:12:14 AM »
Beautiful scooter and great paint job... can't you just retouch some parts with maybe... purple paint to hide some of the pink shades to make it more masculine?

RURC

• View Profile
My new ride
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 11:30:04 PM »
Beautiful scooter and great paint job... can't you just retouch some parts with maybe... purple paint to hide some of the pink shades to make it more masculine?
Purple and pink masculine? I am not that close to Key West. LOL

I am going to do something outrageous.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()