Author Topic: Need Help in Orlando-PLEASE  (Read 616 times)

zevsdad

• View Profile
Need Help in Orlando-PLEASE
« on: April 01, 2022, 04:37:52 PM »
Hello,

I have not been able to ride for over a year- I desperately need some help- I cant find anyone around that can help. My Kymco People gti300 2012 has not been able to start- I get an error code 33. I have replace the fuel pump, the fule injector and the relays. NOTHING. Does anyone know someone in the area that can help me out?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help in Orlando-PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 06:44:47 PM »
Need more info- as much as you can give us!
The engine cranks, (turns over) and tries to start but no start, yes/no?
KILL switch in proper position?
Brake light lights when you turn on key and pull the brake lever?
How many miles?
Are you the original owner?
Crashes?
Last time it ran fine, then what.....?
Battery condition?...have you tried starting it with a KNOWN good other battery?
What condition is the plug when you look at it?
Good spark if your ground the spark plug?
Tried starter fluid sprayed in the air intake?
You need compression, spark and fuel to run....Compression when you put finger in plug hole?
Valves checked for proper gap?

Please respond....lot of good wrenches here.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 08:31:03 PM »
Hello,

I have not been able to ride for over a year- I desperately need some help- I cant find anyone around that can help. My Kymco People gti300 2012 has not been able to start- I get an error code 33. I have replace the fuel pump, the fule injector and the relays. NOTHING. Does anyone know someone in the area that can help me out?
Please be diligent in answering ALL the questions asked by Stig AND the following:

Do you still get the code 33 after having replaced all those parts?
Do you have a multimeter?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2022, 09:00:40 PM »
I went back and reviewed your posts on this machine stared in 2018! You have the same problem as in 2018! The last time it started but "was not happy" shows a date of 2019. Does that mean it would start and run okay for 2020 and part of 2021?

You need to dump the fuel completely if this has been sitting for a year or more. You will need to back flush the injector to make sure there is no nasties in there from sitting so long. I recommend you take the injector out and take it to an INDEPENDENT SHOP that is equipped to clean Bosch type injectors and/or Japanese injectors. You have hot rod specialty shops all over Tampa/Orlando area that can do anything.

You need to clean up ALL the ground points on the bike. That means remove the nut, clean the lugs with a stainless wire brush, clean the ground stud with a wire brush and lube the lugs and stud with dielectric grease before reassembly.

You need to un-plug EVERY plug and receptacle like Tromper told you in 2018 plus lube every female connector with dielectric grease.

I question the inability to remove codes by disconnecting the battery or using the procedure Stig outlined in 2018 or 19. I DO KNOW the code will reappear instantly regardless of clearing method if the cause is STILL THERE. Your cause still exists. I predict you have a bad connection at either the relay, injector or ECU.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2022, 06:31:51 PM »
Had this issue on a scoot laying up for a while. Mechanic told me to change the battery. That system like voltage voltage voltage! Worked great after.

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 06:41:43 PM »
Hi Everyone- sorry for the super late response- had some things going on. So maybe I will start with a new battery. What I was hoping for is a contact for someone I can take it to in the area- I feel like maybe I messed with this bike too much and got over my head.....

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2022, 07:07:32 PM »
Hi Everyone- sorry for the super late response- had some things going on. So maybe I will start with a new battery. What I was hoping for is a contact for someone I can take it to in the area- I feel like maybe I messed with this bike too much and got over my head.....
Yes, maybe since this has been going on since 2018 and you have not responded to any suggestion nor answered any question.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()