Author Topic: Moving my battery  (Read 1708 times)

scootman

• I scoot with a 2002 kymco people 50 cc
    • View Profile
Moving my battery
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:35:29 PM »
I have a 2002 kymco people 50 and I am looking to move my battery from the housing unit above my knees. Is there a good/safe location that I could move it to? Thank you for your help
Ripping hangs and scooting every day

scootermaven

• View Profile
Re: Moving my battery
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 03:21:25 AM »
I have a 2002 kymco people 50 and I am looking to move my battery from the housing unit above my knees. Is there a good/safe location that I could move it to? Thank you for your help

"scootman",

No more than you will be able to store where the battery is currently located, I would suggest leaving the battery where it is and installing some sort of external storage compartment on the back of the leg shield somewhere.  I did this on my SYM Fiddle II and it turned out great.  The storage compartment you will see in the photo should  be available at a local auto parts store, but you might have to look around at a few stores to find one.  I got mine at Advance Auto here in NC.  What is it you want to stow away anyway?  I use my storage container for things like a cell phone, camera, sunglasses, gloves, etc....mainly items I may want to get to quickly and/or easily.  Anyway, see attached and good luck finding a storage solution.

By the way, I also own an '07 People 50, but no storage mods yet.  I did do a mod on the passenger pegs so each peg would lock into place so I could rest my size 10 feet/shoes on the pegs as opposed to on the floorboard where space is limited...see second photo for that mod.

I may be slower uphill, but I'm quicker at the gas pump!

scootman

• I scoot with a 2002 kymco people 50 cc
    • View Profile
Re: Moving my battery
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 07:54:34 PM »
thank you scootermaven, i really appreicate the picture and description. I have been looking for a place to store my phone and sunglasses when i ride.  ;D
Ripping hangs and scooting every day

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()