Author Topic: Parts prices  (Read 1081 times)

Mikestib1

• View Profile
Parts prices
« on: November 18, 2015, 10:13:57 PM »
I'm I crazy or is a Kymco genuine oil filter $25 for the people 300. I usually buy genuine oil filters for warranty reasons but my Cbr250r Honda filter was $6 and a Triumph spin on filter is $10. Guess it's Hiflofiltro for me. And the Orin's behind the oil drain plug is $6. Ripp off city.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Parts prices
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:59:10 PM »
Maybe your filter prices are high, but compared to Honda Forza and especially Suzuki Burgman....Kymco prices for other parts are a bargain!
When it comes new belt time....don't be tempted to economize, get the genuine Kymco item!
Keep your Kymco filter....if she blows up with cheap parts, put it back on before towing to dealer. Trump said that....
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 07:04:16 PM »
been using the HiLos -no issues at all--10,000 + miles.

When is new belt time by the way-Im planning on cracking open the plastic to do the variator rollers-may change out the belt while im in there. I saw the belts go for like 80 bucks though-so dont want to get one if I dont need to

Mikestib1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »
Maybe your filter prices are high, but compared to Honda Forza and especially Suzuki Burgman....Kymco prices for other parts are a bargain!
When it comes new belt time....don't be tempted to economize, get the genuine Kymco item!
Keep your Kymco filter....if she blows up with cheap parts, put it back on before towing to dealer. Trump said that....
Stig
Great advice! Definitely will get a genuine belt. Did find some reasonable oil filters Hiflofiltro HF566 that are TUV approved and seem to be well made. Went to the filter manufacturers website and the specs and materials look first rate

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:11:31 PM »
What is TUV? I used Purolator filters on our Subaru's because dealer price was over 8 bucks apiece. I used HiFlo filters on the Yager because dealers were wanting over 20 bucks apiece. I DID get a Kymco cvt belt from the dealer at about 100 bucks including S&H! Wanted the "real deal" on that!

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()