Author Topic: Starts in the morning not in the evening!!!  (Read 1927 times)

joe

• View Profile
Starts in the morning not in the evening!!!
« on: June 19, 2009, 05:02:13 PM »
I have a people S 200 with about 3500 miles on it now. I commute to work, about 16 miles every morning, and the scooter sits under cover for about 10 hrs. and then my commute home. The scooter fires right up in the morning, no problem. A couple of weeks ago I almost could not get the scooter started for my drive home, it just kept turning and turning and not firing, finally it did. Things were fine for a week, and then, it just would not start for my ride home. And kind of smelled like it was flooding, probably because after about 10 sec. of cranking it and it not starting, I dicided to throttle it a bit, but still no go.. Had it taken to the shop, and then said they had to adjust the Carb maybe because of the warmer weather. I just got my scooter out of the shop for that reason 2 days ago, and last night the thing left me stranded again, exact same thing.. Oh, and I should mention that I will get a ride into work in the morning, and my scooter will just fire right up, just like it did this morning.. Yep would absolutely not start for me last night after sitting for 10 hrs. but then first thing this morning it fired right up..
Any thoughts?

Thanks..

joe

• View Profile
Re: Starts in the morning not in the evening!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
Here's an update to the issue...

The shop I took the scoot to suggested that it might be a vapor lock issue, so, they drilled a couple of tiny holes on the top of the gas cap. So, I guess we will see if that corrects the issue. I will keep you all posted..

chubbyrockstar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »
Chances of vapor lock are pretty slim. Could be a spark plug going bad or maybe a bad auto choke im not sure if the auto chokes give signs of goin out...just givin you some ideas to check out. if your holding the throttle all the way open perhaps your butterfly in the carb is sticking so it floods it out?

joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 09:46:38 PM »
THanks for the suggestion, it's been a couple weeks now and all is well.

robert grant

• View Profile
Re: does not start cold
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
hi i have brought a kymco agility 50 4 stroke 57 plate (2007).when it is cold and i try starting it all it does is turn over but does not firer. and when i try and start the battery goes dead because i have sat there for ages then i have to charge it over nite so then it is fully charged. but when i jump start it off the car battrey it starts straight away. and then once it is warm i turn it off then it starts straight away. but the when i leave it over nite or when it goes cold i go back out and i try starting it but all it does is turn over again has anyone got any advice please email me at granty_waz-ere2k7@hotmail.co.uk thanks you 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 10:59:04 PM »
Just replace the Batt. big guy. Sounds all good from there!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()