Offroad > Mongoose

maxxer/ mongoose 300

(1/2) > >>

clouty:
hi

I have a maxxer 300 ie mongoose its road legal its top speed is 55mph flat out i have been driveing it at 50 do you think this is ok or is it going to be pushing it to hard???

also what up grades is there that would increase the power but not ware on the engine ????

Thanks

zombie:
The biggest Bang fo the Buck would be; Remove the air box and replace it w/ a free flow whatever filter fits your riding style. 2' snorkel or a  velocity stack. Put a bigger main jet (maybe 3-4 sizes bigger) If you want more top end a smaller rear sprocket is the second suggestion. You will loose some of the jump from the start if you don't do the Box too.

clouty:
hi

thanks for reply

an open fillter and stack?? i do go of road a bit in deep water well above the wheels some times do you think the open filter will be ok??

Cheers

zombie:
Thats why I mentioned the snorkel too. You can easily adapt some of the stock plumbing to keep it Hi, and dry. If you have a dry storage area (under seat) I have mounted air filters in there too.

clouty:
hi

ya my filtter is in a box under the seat so could fit the upgraded one in there and it would keep it dry. iv also found these items on the website below but thats all i can realy find for my make of bike! ?? i fancy the sprocket could be good?

http://www.manicquads.co.uk/acatalog/exhausts-sprockets.html

Kymco Maxxer 300 Up-Rated Gearbox Sprocket Kits....16 T or 17 T

KYMCO KXR 250 / MAXXER 300 / MXU300 "RACE" CDI UNIT (+ fits some PGO "BugRider" 250 buggies )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version