Author Topic: Hard to find/alternative Parts thread  (Read 880 times)

Nekko Rose

• View Profile
Hard to find/alternative Parts thread
« on: September 22, 2022, 08:19:20 PM »
So I'm creating this thread here because of my long trek to find a drive belt under $80 which lead me to another thread mentioning a discontinued alternate part after keying in some important info and finding what I could I'm here to share and I will give you all an update once it's in the Bike.
but for now, the drive belt that I believe is a good fit is: Gates G-Force CVT Belt 1-3/16 Inch x 41 Inch part number:19G3982 it matches the Gates PL30071 mentioned in the other threads but has the same dual-toothed design as the stock belt! and here's the best part it's available on amazon for $45-$55 and locally for $89.99 so I'm gonna pull the belt and size it up tonight and order it if everything looks kosher!
~Nekko
2007 Kymco Xciting 500cc(project)
2007 Yamaha Vino 50cc(currently running currently ugly)
South Florida

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hard to find/alternative Parts thread
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 09:22:24 PM »
So I'm creating this thread here because of my long trek to find a drive belt under $80 which lead me to another thread mentioning a discontinued alternate part after keying in some important info and finding what I could I'm here to share and I will give you all an update once it's in the Bike.
but for now, the drive belt that I believe is a good fit is: Gates G-Force CVT Belt 1-3/16 Inch x 41 Inch part number:19G3982 it matches the Gates PL30071 mentioned in the other threads but has the same dual-toothed design as the stock belt! and here's the best part it's available on amazon for $45-$55 and locally for $89.99 so I'm gonna pull the belt and size it up tonight and order it if everything looks kosher!
That is absolutely outstanding! You made sense out of the Gates selection charts! We all await your test results. Good show!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 11:10:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
And, as always....we watch with interest as a member experiments  with using something other than the quality stock Kymco belt.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Nekko Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 11:11:29 AM »
That is absolutely outstanding! You made sense out of the Gates selection charts! We all await your test results. Good show!

Pushed the bike to a friend's house yesterday rear breaks are rubbing (its a real fixer-upper) grabbing a pully holder today (broke some blades on the CVT fan :-\ ) to pop it off and see what it looks like!
~Nekko
South Florida

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 12:57:01 PM »
Pushed the bike to a friend's house yesterday rear breaks are rubbing (its a real fixer-upper) grabbing a pully holder today (broke some blades on the CVT fan :-\ ) to pop it off and see what it looks like!
Some say it's important to break as many blades on the opposite side to keep it balanced!
But, I can't see breaking anything in the CVT.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Nekko Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 02:17:59 PM »
as an update im going put the part number and link here for Dr.Pulley clutch bell https://drpulley.co/product/clutch-bell-160k/ part number is 160k
~Nekko
South Florida

Nekko Rose

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
as an update im going put the part number and link here for Dr.Pulley clutch bell https://drpulley.co/product/clutch-bell-160k/ part number is 160k
Correction: if dr pulley's parts graph is correct theoretically any clutch bell from this graph (including stock) could be used on the xciting 500
~Nekko
South Florida

darkshvein

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 08:23:56 PM »
thanks for suggest.
I suppose, coming soon I should to replace it(
my 500i hard rides more 130 kmh.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()