Author Topic: Kymco 550 (don't know where else to post this. Can't seem to find the topic  (Read 981 times)

Newbiker

• View Profile
Hello everybody. I am new in the world of heavy scooters. I am from Belgium.
Always has 125 cc. I bought a Kymco 550. It was built in 2017 but first registration was by the previous owner, in march of 2021. So it has 6600 km (about 4000 miles) and looks new. In a week i will pick it up at the dealer. Just wanted to know where I can find great on line deals. I am looking for stickers to "tune " a bit. My scooter is all black and wanted to pimp it a bit, in a classy way, via gold or bronze colors. A touch here and a touch there. And I need a holder to put the cell phone, maybe a top case or a sturdy bag to attach to the seat. And i need a helmet (size large) one that keeps out the noise; I will check the forum for advice.

I also wanted to know if you guys had issues with your ak 550 (model 2017). I heard there used to be issues with the suspension in the front...)

To the moderator: put this topic in the right topic if needed.
To every one else: keen to learn a lot and read a lot of interesting stuff.

Stay safe!

Greetings from Belgium

New Biker

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Welcome! Great to add another from offshore since Kymco ridden all over the world. We have several here with the AK550. It will take them a while to respond...the bike just tales their breath away!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Ruffus

• View Profile
@Newbiker, welcome here to this tribe.
 Lots of stuff for your future bike in here.
If you have german there is a link to

https://zzip.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=170

where is some more to read about KYMCO.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Welcome Newbiker. A trawl through the topics here using AK550 as the search term will prove informative. Especially on the subject of racks and cases. I’m sure you’ll love your Kymco.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Newbiker

• View Profile
Thanks every one .

I have already a big issue. When I bought the ak550, i signed the contract, and only a day later, when i received the documents of the bike, i saw it was the 2017 model that was first registred and used in march 2021. So I made the mistake thinking it was a 2021 model (i bought it second hand at the dealer).
He hid this information ffor me because i told him, when looking at the bike, next to him, :" i like the fact that it is a 2021 model because the 2017 model had a lot of issues. And he did not say:" o wait a minute, it is the 2017 model.
So i have written them an email where i explained this and asked to "destroy" the deal, and sell me a new ak550 or a new xciting 400S I am waiting for their respons.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Thanks every one .

I have already a big issue. When I bought the ak550, i signed the contract, and only a day later, when i received the documents of the bike, i saw it was the 2017 model that was first registred and used in march 2021. So I made the mistake thinking it was a 2021 model (i bought it second hand at the dealer).
He hid this information ffor me because i told him, when looking at the bike, next to him, :" i like the fact that it is a 2021 model because the 2017 model had a lot of issues. And he did not say:" o wait a minute, it is the 2017 model.
So i have written them an email where i explained this and asked to "destroy" the deal, and sell me a new ak550 or a new xciting 400S I am waiting for their respons.
It is a 2017 which was not registered for the road until March of 2021?
It sat unused for 4 years??!!
Well, good luck with your dealer....please let us know how this turns out for you.
You can post AK550 stuff in "General Discussion" ...but always use "AK550" in subject of your posts so other 550 owners can find and read.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
I bet you get nowhere with the dealer. So it is new old stock. Just make sure it has all its parts. These stagnent models usually wind up as parts bins.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
I bet you get nowhere with the dealer. So it is new old stock. Just make sure it has all its parts. These stagnent models usually wind up as parts bins.
… and that the warranty runs from a current date if you’re forced to stick with the deal. TBH if you’re offering to buy a (more expensive) new model, they may be tempted to allow this?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

docjones

• View Profile
Hey Newbiker, how did your deal on the AK550 turn out.  That was a horrible story you told.
09 Agility 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()