Author Topic: i'm waiting !!!!  (Read 2313 times)

iker

• , 2007 kymco people s125
    • View Profile
i'm waiting !!!!
« on: January 14, 2012, 05:33:46 PM »
heres my rides, 2007 kymco people 125 s, 2010 kymco yeager 200 gti, 2011 vespa gts 300 super. now my problem--after reading a lot of info on a gold people 300i i ordered one last tuesday (10 jan). now my dealer tells me i have to wait about 4 weeks for my new scot ,at my age (77) i hope i make it that long. i plan to trade in 2010 yeager for new scot. people 125 is keeper for around town. 2011 vespa will be up for sale soon . waiting waiting waiting ,ike
2007 kymco people s125 aka - lit red
2011 vespa gts 300 super aka - tin man

Scooter-IT

• View Profile
    • Scooter-IT
Re: i'm waiting !!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 10:39:14 PM »
Good for you to buy a new scoot with a young spirit at a respectful 77 years of age!
Look forward how you are going to like this one over the Vespa.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:03:07 AM »
Good for you to buy a new scoot with a young spirit at a respectful 77 years of age!
Look forward how you are going to like this one over the Vespa.

+1

I'd love to read a review from someone with that much experience  :D
Congrats!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »
Welcome aboard. I'm a mere lad of 65 myself but I've ridden a lot of bikes. You'll really enjoy the GTi.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »
I hope you get your scoot as/when promised.
I have been waiting for my local KC dealer to get a People GT300 in for months.
I keep looking at their website to check their inventory.
Yesterday, I stopped by the shop and talked with the owner. He told me he did not think they would be getting any People GT 300 s.
He said he had to pay out of pocket up front to put them on the floor. I think what he said is BS.
How in the dickens does KC expect to sell scoots if their dealers won`t stock them.
Ridiculous.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

Oldscoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 02:43:04 PM »
I hope you get your scoot as/when promised.
I have been waiting for my local KC dealer to get a People GT300 in for months.
I keep looking at their website to check their inventory.
Yesterday, I stopped by the shop and talked with the owner. He told me he did not think they would be getting any People GT 300 s.
He said he had to pay out of pocket up front to put them on the floor. I think what he said is BS.
How in the dickens does KC expect to sell scoots if their dealers won`t stock them.
Ridiculous.

My dealer, Apollo Motor Sports in Houston, Texas, has 2 2012 300 GTis in stock - one gold - one black (the fastest color).  My dealer believes that if the dealer is not on a floor plan with Kymco that the dealer has to pay for the bike up front.  He is on a floor plan and gets bikes up front.  If you can't get the bike locally they can be shipped from Apollo.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 04:58:15 PM »

My dealer, Apollo Motor Sports in Houston, Texas, has 2 2012 300 GTis in stock - one gold - one black (the fastest color).  My dealer believes that if the dealer is not on a floor plan with Kymco that the dealer has to pay for the bike up front.  He is on a floor plan and gets bikes up front.  If you can't get the bike locally they can be shipped from Apollo.

Thanks for the information Oldscoot.
There is another dealer in Texas that a lot of people do business with, " AF1 Racing". They sell scoots and ship.
There are two problems with buying sight unseen. First, you lay out the money up front for a scoot that you could not examine before buying, plus shipping cost that usually runs from $300-$400, depending on insurance cost and distance shipped.
One important reason for considering the Kymco is local dealer support.
It seems my local dealer will not let me support them.
If I get to the point to where I have to travel to pick up, or have one shipped, THEN, the Piaggio BV 350 comes into play.
Thanks boo.

300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()