Author Topic: New table lift  (Read 547 times)

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
New table lift
« on: August 28, 2023, 02:25:14 PM »
Just bought a new bike lift and thick pad to enable me to remove and replace the front wheel and do some other maintenance.
When I removed the AK front wheel the last time to replace the tire I used an old scissors jack with a wide wood board on top with a bag of rubber mulch on top of that. The rubber mulch was to distribute the forces pushing on the bottom of the engine since there is no good frame member to brace on without removing lots of plastic. That worked really well. I only lifted the front end enough so that I could get the front wheel out from under the fender and the rear wheel was touching down while the center stand was still stabilizing the bike. While the front wheel was off I used 2 other scissors jacks that I have to support the front forks. The bike was very stable that way... except that I really wasn't comfortable with the middle being supported by just a scissors jack. I wanted something with a wider base that is more stable. Thus this lift table. It's not the typical large mc lift table but a small one that has a table size of 14.6" x 9" and can lift 1100 lbs. Plenty big enough to lift under the engine. The thick dense foam pad is a knee pad really, 1.5" thick, and is just a little bigger than the table.

These items should be here by tomorrow afternoon.
This is the lift table I bought from Amazon.
https://a.co/d/bLGnC2r
And the foam pad.
https://a.co/d/4gdS4jd

Will see how this setup works out soon since I should be replacing the front tire before Halloween. I'll be doing this tire change myself and already have the balancing beads and tire for it.
I know, scary thought!  ::)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 05:30:59 PM by rjs987 »
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()