Author Topic: the forum  (Read 2044 times)

blue

• View Profile
the forum
« on: December 16, 2015, 02:04:56 AM »
Am I the only one that keeps comeing back to this forum and I don't drive a kymco anymore.Its just hard to find a fourm that has my scoot.

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: the forum
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 02:09:35 AM »
I'm always here on these forums even though I now ride a SYM/Lance scooter. Couldn't find another People 150 around my area after it was totaled, dang it.
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 12:46:25 PM »
I like it here because:
1) not every owner here is a senior citizen (with all their associated issues)
2) I forget the other reason
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

karl utrecht

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
I've found the "maxiscootforum" to be a good addition to many of these single brand sites. It has a Maxiscoot section, a regular scooter section, and then, sections for most of the many brands (including Kymco) that appeals to me because of the four brands I have.
It's certainly worth a look...there's some really good information on there.

Karlu

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2015, 07:33:39 PM »
I like this forum because I learn so much from my fellow Kymco riders. Stig is right about this when he says not everyone on here is a senior citizen. I am currently in my early 40's even though I look like I am in my early to mid 20's. I love the pictures that my fellow riders put up especially those of Stig with his great pictures out there in Ohio. My kymco bike is the third scooter I have owned. The last two were the small 50cc Chinese bikes. These two bikes always had some major issues with them. The issues with my Kymco have non existent.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 02:20:51 PM »
This forum is great because it's the only one I've found where everyone has been totally helpful. Most of the other forums I've found (which I won't bother naming), have been mostly populated with either brand loyal fanatics who tell you anything else is crap, or A-holes who treat you like an idiot for asking a simple question.
When I first got my scoot almost 2 years ago, I asked a lot of noob questions while learning the ins and outs of working on my scoot. The folks here have always been cool about helping each other out. Plus, they'll ever try and help if it's not a Kymco question.
Because of the help I've gotten here, I try whenever I can to pass on everything I've learned to others on the forum.

Duke- 8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 02:48:17 PM »
I like it here because:
1) not every owner here is a senior citizen (with all their associated issues)
2) I forget the other reason
Stig

Hey Stig

Be nice now. I'm 71 years old and the only issue I have is the winter weather here in Syracuse, NY.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 07:15:05 PM »
This forum is great because it's the only one I've found where everyone has been totally helpful. Most of the other forums I've found (which I won't bother naming), have been mostly populated with either brand loyal fanatics who tell you anything else is crap, or A-holes who treat you like an idiot for asking a simple question.
When I first got my scoot almost 2 years ago, I asked a lot of noob questions while learning the ins and outs of working on my scoot. The folks here have always been cool about helping each other out. Plus, they'll ever try and help if it's not a Kymco question.
Because of the help I've gotten here, I try whenever I can to pass on everything I've learned to others on the forum.

Duke- 8)
YEAH! What he said.
Wayne

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2015, 08:19:34 PM »

Duke- 8)
I will ditto that, too. Well said!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 05:28:20 PM »
  Hey Stig

Be nice now. I'm 71 years old and the only issue I have is the winter weather here in Syracuse, NY.
Naw, I was poking fun at the Burgman forum....
Owner's average age must be @ 70yrs - and they like to stretch a $7.25 NGK to 30,000 miles and post how-to's on home-made air filters ---- after spending over $8/Large on a scooter.
All of which seems hilarious to me.
(I stay in constant trouble for changing my oil too often....and for putting in an Iridium plug)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 07:00:43 PM »
This was the first forum I joined and It’s been helpful and supportive ever since. I did join a Yahoo Group Scooter club in my area, but didn’t find the members friendly, supportive or helpful. They even ranted against me because at the time I didn’t have a scooter (yet) and was considered below their consideration.

Like Karl I’ve found the Maxi-Scoot forum to he equally as helpful and supportive. I’m also a member on:

beginnerbikers.org  -  They have a scooter section

advrider.com  -  They too have a scooter section

There are also a number of Scooter and rider blogs out there as well.

- Wolf

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2015, 12:43:43 AM »
I like this forum some sections are pretty active and I can find alot of useful things and like the pics and videos posted. I also am on
49ccscoot.proboards.com
 and find it a little more active and find alot of useful stuff there as well.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

An Error Has Occurred!