Author Topic: Latest gossip on Kymco USA  (Read 1939 times)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
Re: Latest gossip on Kymco USA
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 03:25:34 PM »
Daelim's stuff is indeed great. Them and Hyosung have been missing from the UK for a while now.

You can buy a Kymco-supplied Kawasaki scooter in the UK if you want. The J300. But there are few actual Kymcos around.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Trucker jay

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2020, 12:49:54 AM »
No marketing at all may have seen some adds in motorcycle rags but even there gone now.  No social media at all Google cocktail recipes and get bourbon adds every where, holy crap Google boots and you will have pop ups on boots.  Look up a scooter review/parts nothing not the 1st pop up trying to sell me a scooter.  They make sense new set of wheels with a factory warranty for less than $6,000 for a 300cc scooter that can take you coast to coast.  Throw a backpacker tent in a duffle bag 1,200 mile round trip to some random state campground for less $100.  There's nothing like a chilly ride on a spring morning curve after curve then going east into raising sun and that chill melts away.  Riding around your neighbourhood smelling the grill of a cookout fresh cut grass honeysuckle on some back road.  That should sell

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2020, 09:30:28 AM »
Jay, I think you've hit on the best marketing link there.  It IS the scents you get whilst motorcycling which make it such an exhilarating and evocative experience.  You just don't get that in a car - unless you can run to a convertible I suppose!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Trucker jay

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 02:26:49 PM »
They got to sell the exprenice of just twisting the throttle in your in the wind.  Scooters are not sexy or masculine so they need the how riding one feels.  Like Honda did with you meet the nicest people on a Honda add campaign when motorcycling was thought of by Joe public hells angels.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 02:41:45 PM »
Trucker Jay is on to something! Like that video of old guys on Taiwan, "Let's ride motorcycles!" Their annual escape from old age, pain and pills. To live again! Brings a tear just telling....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()