Author Topic: Oil Filter  (Read 1066 times)

Desperado

• View Profile
Oil Filter
« on: June 13, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »
Where can I get an oil filter for my Kymco Agility 125cc, in the UK pls.

Actually does it even have one?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:28:15 PM by Desperado »

marioG

• View Profile
Re: Oil Filter
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:33:13 PM »
nope, its some kind of thumb metal net...
just clean it and put on back...no need to change
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »
And, the manual indicates to clean every other oil change. IMO just do it every time since it lets out another ounce or two of dirty oil and only adds a few minutes to the maintenance routine.

As a side recommendation I have found that a large wide mouth plastic jar with lid (mine held a large quantity of almonds bought at CostCo), small long plastic funnel, and plastic fork to fish the screen out of jar is simple low cost stuff that makes the task easier.

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:02:16 PM »
Red Horn, I've never drained through the drain hole, as i think most people wouldn't either! Let's face it who in their right mind would go from one side of a scoot to the other, to drain, then get more out and clean the gauze filter!
      As for going to CostCo for a wide mouthed whatever!!!!    Being an Alcy who loves scooting...not at the same time!!!!...manual stipulates 70cl- .7L to refill, what better than a 700ml bottle of Vodka! Of course, make sure there's no trace of vodka in the bottle! ( I rinsed mine out with old engine oil) I couldn't find anything like for the gearbox.... so spent good money on a 100ml syringe, because you can overfill!!!!
               Happy scooting
                                          Keith

Red Horn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:54:35 PM »
Have to try draining from strainer side only. I like the neat stream of oil the drain plug gives. Plus I tilt scoot a little to get another few ounces out. Wal-Mart had a 97 cent 12oz condiment squeeze bottle that was perfect for getting gear oil into rear end. Are you saying you drain into a vodka bottle? My hand eye motor skills are nowhere near that good :~D .

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()