Author Topic: Just joined  (Read 1255 times)

arcanum70

• View Profile
Just joined
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:59:54 AM »
Hey all, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

This coming weekend I'll be picking up an '09 GV with just over 5,000 miles on it.  I lucked in to it for only $2,000.

I'm actually going from a Zuma to the GV, and from everything I've read about it, I have to say that I am looking forward to when spring gets here.

Unfortunately I live in VT and our riding season isn't as long, but it is a great season while it is here.

Anyway, thanks for having a great community and I look forward sharing with and learning from everyone here.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
Re: Just joined
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 04:58:01 AM »
Hello and welcome being a new GV owner.  I have now about 14000 miles on my 2005 GV and love it.  I bought it  mid last year at about 10,000 miles.

All you can do is to make sure you put some fuel stabilizer into it (and run for 10 minutes to properly distribute in the entire system, and maybe have your valve clearance checked and an oil change.  All other should be fine and ready to go comes spring around. Don't forget about checking coolant, oil level and tire pressure...

Eric

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
Thank you for the welcome and the advice.

I already have some seafoam ready for when I get it home.  Will be changing the oil and checking fluids.

I was also thinking about replacing the battery since it is probably a 4 year old battery in it.  But, I have not decided about that yet.
Build a man a fire and you keep him warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 03:59:08 AM »
The battery replacement is a good preventive idea; I give you a "Yes".  Buy an AGM type no maintenance and acid less battery. They are a bit more money, but worth it. They are MUCH more reliable long term, I had on in a bike for 9 years without a problem, and I replaced a led acid in one other bike with an AGM and it sat for months, same voltage as when I stored it (original check a few days later, then months later).  See sample here.

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/batteries/kymco/bike_master/agm_platinum_ii_battery_kymco.html

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »
A good  battery  source, but which one fits the GrandVista 250 ?  (Not in dropdown list )

Scoot safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

windwheeler

• View Profile
    • WindStrom windshields
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:31:17 PM »
You need to call/contact them with the dimensions you have right now, and on which side the poles are.  I would guess that the  Kymco People 250 is probably the same size and will do the job.

arcanum70

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 10:52:36 PM »
Thank you everyone for the advice, not only from this post, but from others.

Just some other info on it.  It is a red one (for some reason I keep seeing people ask what color...lol).  I would have preferred a white one, but hey, with how often you see used Kymco's for sale, I would have taken a lime green one with purple polka dots...lol.  Actually, the lime green one would probably match my leisure suit.  ;D

MaryK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 01:38:47 AM »
I think more red ones were imported.
Has anyone done a  color survey ?

scoot safely,
New Rider in 2010

2009 GrandVista 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()