Author Topic: Kymco Like 50 2t derestriction  (Read 4639 times)

charliek

• View Profile
Kymco Like 50 2t derestriction
« on: June 19, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
Hi,
I have just ordered leo hines pipe, drpulley weights and variator for  my 2011 like 50 2Tn as per the advice of my local dealer. Will this stuff make my scooter any faster? I top out at 35mph downhill and average around 30mph on flat ground but sink to 25mph on slightest incline. I hope the parts i have ordered will help. In the meantime,Can anyone suggest anything that may do a better job or have any advice? thanks in advance

wassonii

• Death needs Time for what it kills to grow in -wsb
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco Like 50 2t derestriction
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:00:19 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
How many km on your scoot? (Is it even broken in yet?)
sans scooter, rien

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 12:52:25 AM »
What Var. did you get? Most come with a new drive boss that will up your mph. The best dollar for dollar mod is the Control spring that works the rear pulleys. Use a 1500 spring, and it will light up your engine.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

charliek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 02:49:24 AM »
Thanks for the welcome replies. I have around 2200km on it now. I would say its definitely broken in. I have the Dr.pulley Variator GY50 along with Dr.Pulley sliding roller weight1613-8g

charliek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:54:33 AM »
Also, should mention that I have no idea what Im doing when it comes to performance upgrades. The dealer who sold me the bike is making the recommendations and I am ordering them and he is putting it on for me. The guy I ordered the pipe from said he was also going to send a jet and filter along with the pipe but I dont know which jet or filter. Im hoping for big results...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 03:02:25 AM »
http://scooterpartsplace.com/dr-pulley-variator-agility-50-sym-50-gy50-qmb139.aspx
Thats all good stuff. Your guy has a clue! Get a 1500 rear spring, and it will run great. The 8g dr pulleys may be too heavy without a stiffer spring. I have a similar set up, and am running 7gr dr pulleys at 50mph/7400rpm.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
" Like 50 2t "

I saw 4t, and was comparing yours to my 4t set up. Sooooo Never mind.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 03:06:46 AM »
They will still be too heavy without a spring. You'd be better off at 6.5 dr pulleys to be about equal to 5.5 rollers.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()