Author Topic: 2012 uxv 500 i i would like to try and check the timing  (Read 1546 times)

ktmurph52@gmail.com

• View Profile
2012 uxv 500 i i would like to try and check the timing
« on: January 18, 2021, 09:05:08 PM »
Does anyone know of a video on how to set the timing on my 500 i  uxv? if so could you tell me where to find it.   Thanks in advance.

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: 2012 uxv 500 i i would like to try and check the timing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2021, 10:59:39 PM »
No real way to set the timing as the stator and pick up coil are set in place

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2021, 08:32:28 PM »
Other than the timing chain which is not adjustable, the rest of the timing should be controled by the electronics that control the fuel injection and ignition timing, namely the ECU control. On my 450 there is a plug to remove and look at a mark inside, however nothing to adjust.

ktmurph52@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »
Thank you for your reply, my issue was that the timing chain was not properly timed when the motor was taken apart and put back together by a local dealer when I had them replace the reverse gear. I was able to get it back in time and it ran very well until today now it will run but  has no power (won't fast idle or i should say rev up) so back  to the drawing board.   It may be a water or ice issue now as it is 8 degrees here today      Thanks again.

CThacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 02:43:05 PM »
Thank you for your reply, my issue was that the timing chain was not properly timed when the motor was taken apart and put back together by a local dealer when I had them replace the reverse gear. I was able to get it back in time and it ran very well until today now it will run but  has no power (won't fast idle or i should say rev up) so back  to the drawing board.   It may be a water or ice issue now as it is 8 degrees here today      Thanks again.

We just replaced the Exhaust Cam shaft and thought we had the chain secured to not move off the intake.  Now we cant turn it over and think maybe our piston is off of TDC. Camshafts are at TDC however.  The manual says to confirm Piston TDC off the flywheel in the crank case.  Do you happen to have any pictures of yours opened up?  i am not completely sure which cover to open up for this.

300winchester

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2022, 11:23:09 AM »
theres a little plug about 1" diameter on the side stator cover, take out and then you can see flywheel turn

300winchester

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2022, 12:02:28 PM »
does your stator cover look like this ?  see that little plug below where crankshaft comes out of cover, down towards the bottom

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()