Author Topic: 2013 500i won't go more than 20ft after going in water  (Read 1039 times)

Samesame

• View Profile
2013 500i won't go more than 20ft after going in water
« on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:29 AM »
Had my utv in the 18" of water go stuck....motor never quit...but was not able to drive ... tried HI Lo Reverse  and it will only go about 20 ft the stop..water in the clutch? If so how do you drain it? Is this an easy fix?. new to kymco...new to the site. ...I guess any help for this newbie would be great?

laidback

• View Profile
Re: 2013 500i won't go more than 20ft after going in water
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 04:29:49 AM »
Look for your belt housing cover there will be a plastic or metal drain plug at the bottom or on the side at the bottom when you pull the plug let it drain then start it and let run for a while to dry it out after that replace the plug it's very simple. You need to check how the water got in. Check the breather tube connected to the belt housing. Any questions just ask  ;)

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 01:19:32 PM »
Yeah that's exactly what happened. You got water in the clutch housing. That happened to a friend of mine with a rhino. Unfortunately he had to disassemble the housing due to how thick the mud was. If you drain yours and it is still acting up. Take it apart, and hose it down.
Creek water =drain and dry
Mud water = tear it apart, clean, then dry.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 11:12:00 PM »
Did you ever get it fixed?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()