Author Topic: Battery tender connection  (Read 148 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Battery tender connection
« on: May 05, 2024, 03:05:10 PM »
   On my new '23 People Sport 150i ABS the front cover has to be removed to access the battery. Rather than doing this every fall, I came up with this solution. I drilled a small hole in the top of the little compartment (glovebox?) on my scooter. I then shortened the Battery Tender connecting wires. I routed the wires through the hole and connected to my battery. Now to charge the battery, I only have to open the door and connect the Battery Tender. The compartment is small but will still hold my cell phone and garage door opener.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Battery tender connection
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2024, 03:54:34 PM »
Good work!
Geez, - can't believe they're still building machines like this. A battery should be easily accessible!
I've only had 4 scoters, by four different manufacturers, but each had batteries that were easily accessible behind a small panel with a screw or 3. Placing a battery tender on each was easy.
My only complaint about my Liberty is that it uses a small 6Ah battery - and the battery box is too small to install anything larger.
My Kymco came with an 8Ah battery - which I've replaced with a 14Ah Yuasa. Miles from home - on cold, dark, winter and/or rainy rides I want a sure start when time to go home!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Battery tender connection
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 06:19:06 AM »
my AK550 that I thought was on a battery tender all winter was on a GFI circuit that popped, battery completely flat, I have another on the shelf, a Yuasa GYZ series, I have a flat SAE pigtail for battery tender access, but I'm gonna add a remote battery jump post kit, BS removing windshield, mount, front panel, probably dead battery in my fob too.
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()