Author Topic: Does anyone used a fuel injector cleaner additive?  (Read 1057 times)

Yoni159

• View Profile
Does anyone used a fuel injector cleaner additive?
« on: October 21, 2020, 08:46:19 PM »
Does anyone put a fuel injector and valve cleaner additive to his scooter? And noticed a different?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone used a fuel injector cleaner additive?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 11:15:16 PM »
No. I do use Sta-bil in the equipment that does not move or moves very little during winter. The injectors are way easy to remove and dunk in a small cup of your favorite petroleum cure-all after you back flush with onboard tubing and pumps. That stuff at Walmart and auto part stores for "cleaning while you drive" is of questionable value, in my opinion.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Yoni159

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 08:21:49 AM »
I bought a putoline injector and valve cleaner additive. i dont think you have this in the u.s. i used it i can tell my scooter drive little smoother and i dont have a strong gas smell like before but for exactly results i need to finish my all gas tank and then put fresh gas.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 10:41:16 AM »
Anything that seems to work is good! I would not be surprised you have stuff that we don't what with our EPA restricting what is available!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 11:51:04 AM »
I use Rislone or Flashlube, both make a noticeable difference to smoothness and power.  They also work by burning the deposits inside the combustion chamber, so if you've never done it it's worth the $3-5 or so.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 04:45:21 PM »
If the bike has been sitting a long time, fresh gas is about the best thing you can put in it. Most of these magic potions require  you to run the bike for a while to get the effect, which is the same effect you get if you put in fresh gas and run the bike for a while. If you let it get up to temperature, and run it for a while, the engine cleans itself. That's the instructions on all the mechanic in a bottle products people claim cause the bike to run smoother.  So you're adding money to the tank and letting the bike do what it's going to do anyway.
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »
When I had my xciting 250, it started stumbling badly for some reason as if an injector was restricted. And the spark plug showed evidence of being run lean. I added some sea foam in a couple of tanks and drove moderately . And the problem was solved. Then I could drive wide open with no problem. After that, I’d add some sea foam every 5 or six tankfuls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()