Author Topic: Any previous Scarabeo 200 owners here?  (Read 1077 times)

zgr7

• View Profile
Any previous Scarabeo 200 owners here?
« on: August 09, 2016, 05:43:47 PM »
I'd like to hear your opinion of these two bikes. How do they compare? Which one is smoother, safer, more comfortable to ride etc. I currently own a Scarabeo 200 myself and i'd like to know what i should expect if i make a switch to People GT.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
you ask the right question at the right time
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 06:29:03 PM »
My wife has owned a Scarabeo 200 for about four years. It has been a good scoot.
I have a Kymco People GTi 300. Owned it for about three years.
When I weighed 190 pounds, "have been losing weight", I could hit 75 on her scoot. Speedo reading.
On my Gt, I had it to 95 one time, "speedo reading". Both are good scoots IMHO. I think the Scarabeo is tops in its class.
The GTi 300 is in a different league than the Scarbeo. It has much more power, more room, and less bunny hop because of the longer wheel base. You can merge on the GT with ease. It will cruise at 70 with ease. When I say ease, I mean ease.

(The Kymco GTi 300 is a dream scoot.) After three years of ownership, i`m still impressed. When you turn the throttle, it goes and goes good.
When going up long hills, I can crank the throttle open and the GT keeps gaining speed going up hill. Nice!

ps: The Scarabeo has a carburetor. The GTi is fuel injected.
After sitting for long periods, the GTi is much easier to start.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 06:49:12 PM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

zgr7

• View Profile
Re: Any previous Scarabeo 200 owners here?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 10:21:06 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Boo :) I have the fuel injected Scarabeo. It is a good bike yes, but it has some issues. I had an accident with my Scarabeo this February and also learned that its production was stopped back in 2014. I didn't know this when i bought it in Nov 2014. I was planning to use this bike for a very long time, but to be honest i'm looking for something better instead now. I live in Turkey and unfortunately People GT isn't sold here. I made a thread about this bike in a local forum; trying to pull some attention towards it. With enough exposure it might get imported. At least that's what i hope for :]

Can you give me a little bit more detail about engine vibration? Which bike was smoother you think? How about overall quality, plastics and stuff? Which bike is more durable? I live in a small town during summer and some roads aren't paved here. ANY info you give will help me greatly ;)

What do you think about THIS? Does it look accurate?

THIS was my Scarabeo by the way :] I just wish it had been designed and built in a more thoughtful/user friendly manner in the first place. That bike could have been the ultimate scooter. It really saddens me.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 10:23:10 PM by zgr7 »

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Re: Any previous Scarabeo 200 owners here?
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:26:47 AM »
Don`t know much else to tell.
The GT idles a little rougher at idle position simply because it has a more powerful engine.
At cruising speed, both scoots are smooth.
I don`t bull sh** people about a product just because I own that car, motorcycle, motor scooter, or what ever. I tell it like it is.
THE KYMCO GT AND DOWNTOWN ARE VERY NICE MOTOR SCOOTERS.
After three years of ownership, I am very pleased with my GT.
Most motor scooters now days have a lot of plastic on them, "exception Vespa".
Fit and finish is as good as any.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:29:13 AM by boo »
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()