Author Topic: 2016 uxv 500i  (Read 1371 times)

Fireguy116

• View Profile
2016 uxv 500i
« on: September 13, 2016, 08:42:13 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm new to the side by side world and I'm looking to buy my first sxs. I've been looking at the 450 and 500. I'm leaning towards the 500 because I like the bucket seats over the bench seat. I haven't been able to find anywhere what the top end speed is on the 500. Can anyone help me with that?  Also I have been looking at the cfmoto uforce 500. I know this is a kymco forum but I was just curious if anyone knew anything about those as well. I want to buy a side by side that I will be happy with for a long time. Thank you

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: 2016 uxv 500i
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 10:27:23 PM »
Kymco Side x Sides are speed governed to about 43-44 mph. I think the Kymco is a better product than the CF.Although, CF, for a chinese built unit is not bad.
CJS

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 10:41:52 PM »
We have a UXV 500i and it will do about 40 mph. The engine is wound pretty tight at 40 and that was to satisfy my curiosity after it was well broken-in over about 100 miles. I think the big thing is the exhaust cam premature wear suffered by two and four wheel owners with the 500i engine. Read the post in this section for  the latest on this. I am sold om Kymco quality and reliability so kinda one-sided. I understand Kymco builds for other brands so why not save some money! The 4-wheel Kymcos are way less money than Honda/Kawasaki/Suzuki etc. I have been using ours to haul garbage cans and pull a lawn mower.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 12:36:41 AM »
   I understand this is just preference but I prefer the bench seat over the buckets, the reason being is I do not do much performance riding, mostly using my 450i as a workhorse. I find the bench to be easier to get in and out of. A neighbor has a machine with the bucket seats and I don't care for the more difficult getting in and out.  As far as speed my 450i is governed to go 48-49 mph and that is at 7500 rpm!! I typically go about 35 when on the road or other smooth surface. Not real sure what the differences are between the 450 and the 500 other than the 500 is a wider machine and might have a little bit larger box on the back, not sure...I do like the compact size of my 450i, I intentionally did not want a full size SxS so the 450i fit nicely.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2016, 04:30:18 PM »
Ya the differences really are only the seats, and size of vehicle. Hp roughly the same. Although I believe the 450 engine is used in like 7 different machines including the Arctic Cat, when if im not mistaken the 500 is used in 3 Kymco machines only.
The 450 will obviously maneuver better in the woods being more compact, but both are great vehicles. As far as cf moto goes, I have heard good things about them as well. Almost up to Kymco quality. Yes made in China but a bigger company in China, so its more regulated and parts should be readily available.
I would think the Kymco would hold it's value better if you ever were to resell it. But that's just speculation. Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2016, 06:50:10 PM »
Ya the differences really are only the seats, and size of vehicle. Hp roughly the same. Although I believe the 450 engine is used in like 7 different machines including the Arctic Cat, when if im not mistaken the 500 is used in 3 Kymco machines only.
The 450 will obviously maneuver better in the woods being more compact, but both are great vehicles. As far as cf moto goes, I have heard good things about them as well. Almost up to Kymco quality. Yes made in China but a bigger company in China, so its more regulated and parts should be readily available.
I would think the Kymco would hold it's value better if you ever were to resell it. But that's just speculation. Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
that is pretty much a reflection of my opinion and experience as well, I would not have considered a SxS with buckets, my 450i is a work machine, the other machine I was considering was a Suzuki King Quad 500. glad I got the SxS as I would not have been able to register the ATV for the street

no problem maintaining 40mph+ on the street, even with 2 big guys (300lb ea) aboard and towing a 1000lb trailer
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()