Author Topic: Please Help Me With My 250 Kymco People!  (Read 1593 times)

Fm Studio

• View Profile
Please Help Me With My 250 Kymco People!
« on: April 01, 2021, 05:07:09 AM »
My Name Is Fred. My Kymco 2005 People 250 was beautiful. Only about 7,ooo miles on her. Then Shen was stolen. And I almost wish I would have never got her back. The police returned her to me. The Seat had been ripped off and they were using boards to sit on but more importantly. The Wiring In The Bike has been destroyed. Not all of it. Just by the ignition, fan and CDI Box. I spent 300 dollars and ordered a seat from the UK . Then I ordered a stock CDI Box…270! It has 12 Wires! I Need Help. I’ve Been Trying To Repair her For Over A Year . I’m About to give up .Please…Someone…Anyone…Help Me.

Fm Studio

• View Profile
Re: Please Help Me With My 250 Kymco People!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 08:29:30 AM »
Yeah! She Starts EVERY TIME! Here's My NEW Problem...The Radiator Fan Won't Run! I Got A New Thermostatic Switch and connected it to the blue wire on the Fan relay but it says the other wire from thermo switch (cuz it's double pole) goes to the green wire of my luggage light? Well I cut that light out cuz it would stay on sometimes if my seat wouldn't latch tightly closed and murder my battery. Anyhoo...I'm just blowin fuses! I Got a New Battery and Regulator/Rectifier Too!Connected ALL wires even used Dielectric Grease on connectors. So, She starts but I can't go anywhere. She heats up Quickly! Also got Tags & Insurance! Ready To Ride! Any Thoughts? I Only Need To Put the Fairings back on And I'm "On The Road Again!"

Fm Studio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 08:32:39 AM »
I Have Pics Later Today. Thank You for helping and I'm sorry for bein' A Jerk. Just was really frustrated after a year of no start when I knew it was somethin' small. And I Mean then pulse generator wire looked and Felt like it was connected...But it wasn't.

Fm Studio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 04:00:52 PM »
So, I have a question, If I Connect the Green wire from Thermo Switch to the green and red wire will this complete the cicuit? Remember, I Cut the wires from the Luggage Box light? So, they are not connected to anything. I know I supossed to connect Green to Green But This would leave an open circuit and I tried that and Fan still doesn't run?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 07:46:11 PM »
So, I have a question, If I Connect the Green wire from Thermo Switch to the green and red wire will this complete the cicuit? Remember, I Cut the wires from the Luggage Box light? So, they are not connected to anything. I know I supossed to connect Green to Green But This would leave an open circuit and I tried that and Fan still doesn't run?
Your EMI filter could be a cause your fan is not working. You can prove this by unplugging the wires to that filter and  then plugging the wires into each other. Then sort out the box light and power to the fan.
I am a little confused about the three wires to the box light....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Fm Studio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 10:04:22 PM »
Some Pics Of My Wiring & Components.

Fm Studio

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 10:07:45 PM »
In This Pic You See The Horn with the bacl of The Radiator and Fan Behind It. Can Anyone Instruct Me With Step by Step Directions On How To Wire My Fan To Operate?

Fm Studio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 10:16:00 PM »
I Kinna went crazy with the tape. Ha! I Also gooped on the Dielectric Grease.

Fm Studio

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 10:18:59 PM »
So, I got this new mobile motorcycle mechanic, the guy that helped me get it started, coming by Thursday. I sure would like to fix the Fan myself as it would save me 5o bucks but if no one knowshow to instruct me that's OK. I hope Yer Bikes are runnin' good. I Call Mine My "ScooterCycle!"

creaseuk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 07:57:27 PM »
Where are you located ?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 08:49:58 PM »
So, I got this new mobile motorcycle mechanic, the guy that helped me get it started, coming by Thursday. I sure would like to fix the Fan myself as it would save me 5o bucks but if no one knowshow to instruct me that's OK. I hope Yer Bikes are runnin' good. I Call Mine My "ScooterCycle!"
You can do about everything possible on that. First, that's too much dielectric grease! A little dab into each female for plugs and just a film on nut and bolt terminal lugs! Clean bike and good pictures! Now, have you unplugged the EMI filter for the fan and plugged the wires together?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()