Author Topic: 2006 People 250 Luggage Box Light  (Read 1590 times)

Barber1303

• Iowa - USA
    • View Profile
2006 People 250 Luggage Box Light
« on: December 30, 2020, 02:26:30 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of what the luggage box light looks like for a 2006 People 250?  Mine seems to be missing and I can't find the light in the parts diagram.  Was hoping I could find something that would work...any ideas?

mistergraves

• View Profile
Re: 2006 People 250 Luggage Box Light
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 05:48:58 PM »
Honestly, it's probably good that it's missing. I have the same model and the seat often doesn't close properly, leaving the light on... and draining the battery.

I recently bought this scooter (craigslist) and will be having the mechanic remove that light next time I take it in for service.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 10:56:34 PM »
That hole looks big enough for a cigarette lighter socket! At least they put it up high where it could actually illuminate the tub if it was for a light! My DT300i has a light buried in the bottom side of the tub! I added a LED light near the top above the original. Works good. Always check to make sure the "Met-in" warning light on dash is out after closing seat!

There are so many LED fixtures available at boat dealers and stores. That's where I got my add-on light. Bass Pro marine, West Marine supply or maybeveven Amazon! Cigarette lighter sockets, too! With rubber caps!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 12:32:26 AM »
You can order one from a dealer. Like mister Graves said it probably got removed by someone coming out to a dead battery.  If the seat is not completely down until the (met-in) dash light goes off it runs the battery down.

The factory light will have a plug that just plugs in.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()