Author Topic: Kymco 250 People Bogs Down  (Read 1405 times)

creaseuk

• View Profile
Kymco 250 People Bogs Down
« on: August 17, 2020, 10:04:02 PM »
I bought a Kymco People 250 in various piecies for a great price.
I've managed to re-assemble most of it and i have got it running and revving. However, as soon as I sit on it to try and pull away it dies. I took the carb apart and blew out the holes. I changed the idle jet to 40 but when i looked at the main jet it was only 106. This can't be right as my Gy6 150 is 105.  I tried to fit a 125 jet from my gy6 stash but the thread is too big. Do any of you know where i can buy a 125 jet and what do i ask for??
Thank You..

dan v.

• View Profile
Re: Kymco 250 People Bogs Down
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 12:14:02 PM »
Read my "carb notes" threads in the Bet and Win 250 section.  That will get you going in the right direction.
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

creaseuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 03:57:48 AM »
Well Guys, i think i may have found the culprit but have no idea how it got this way. When i took a magnifying glass to the main jet it was clearly stamped 106. So, i have a tray of cvk 24/30 jets in the garage. I picked out a 130 jet but quickly found the actual jet was too big for the housing. After some (not so very precise) measuring i discovered my CVK 30 carb jas CVK 26 jets..I had a CVK 26 120 jet so i fitted it and Viola, no more bogging down. It does pop and bang on the overrun so its still way too lean. Now i have to find the standard jet size for a 250 people and somewhere to buy these jets in CVK 26 sizes....

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 11:28:40 PM »
Well Guys, i think i may have found the culprit but have no idea how it got this way. When i took a magnifying glass to the main jet it was clearly stamped 106. So, i have a tray of cvk 24/30 jets in the garage. I picked out a 130 jet but quickly found the actual jet was too big for the housing. After some (not so very precise) measuring i discovered my CVK 30 carb jas CVK 26 jets..I had a CVK 26 120 jet so i fitted it and Viola, no more bogging down. It does pop and bang on the overrun so its still way too lean. Now i have to find the standard jet size for a 250 people and somewhere to buy these jets in CVK 26 sizes....
Sounds like you did a good job of figuring it out.   ;)
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()