Author Topic: TSP (Throttle Position Sensor) 6 Blinks  (Read 613 times)

Jonnielights

• View Profile
TSP (Throttle Position Sensor) 6 Blinks
« on: July 26, 2018, 02:36:47 AM »
So I've had this TPS warning running on my Like 200i for about a month, but didn't notice any real change in throttle response, so I didn't think much of it.  Funny thing is that in the last few days I've noticed the warning no longer shows.  Anybody know why this might be the case, or if I should be concerned?

Thanks, Jon
2015 Kymco Like 200i LX- Gold with Black Stripes
2015 Honda CB500XA- Grey and Yellow
Queens, NYC

big blue

• View Profile
Re: TSP (Throttle Position Sensor) 6 Blinks
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 02:46:01 AM »
Say a prayer to which ever god you worship and hope the code doesn't come back. If it does and the scooter starts to stutter at 35-40mph it'll cost you $250 to cure it.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Jonnielights

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 03:28:49 AM »
Uggh, never noticed a shudder at 35-40 mph, but at low speeds it can come and go depending on how the city driving is, though it tends to subside after a few wide open miles on the highway, figured it was just clutch glazing and that the high speed, high rpm helped to burn it off.

Are TPS problems a fairly common issue with the Like?
Queens, NYC

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2018, 12:10:52 PM »
Ok, I  see that you have a 2016.
We've had 3 or 4 reports of failed TPS in the 2012 manufacture dates.
One was cured by purchasing just the black TPS on ebay...otherwise it comes only on a throttle body.
Mine was fixed free under warranty - a whole new throttle body.
Symptoms are a marked stumble at various low speeds when cruising at that speed. Scoot starts, idles, goes fast, accelerates good....but stumbles and bucks when held in that cruising speed.

Common issue? NO! There are no common running issues with the LIKE200I!  98% are deemed bullet proof by their owners.
Have you tried the re-set using the throttle and key? Or grounding the pink wire?
Stig
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 12:18:42 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Jonnielights

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2018, 05:54:28 PM »
Stig,

Perhaps I have reset it inadvertently, but I have to admit that I don't know the reset process or about the pink wire.  I purchased it in May 2017, so it is still under warranty, but like I said in my original post, the warning no longer presents, so fingers crossed.

I'm taking it to the dealer on Tuesday to have the City Grips put on (I received them today) so I will bring it up to their mechanics, I really like the guys in shop over there, they have always made me feel confident.

Jon
Queens, NYC

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 07:44:10 PM »
Stig,

Perhaps I have reset it inadvertently, but I have to admit that I don't know the reset process or about the pink wire.  I purchased it in May 2017, so it is still under warranty, but like I said in my original post, the warning no longer presents, so fingers crossed.

I'm taking it to the dealer on Tuesday to have the City Grips put on (I received them today) so I will bring it up to their mechanics, I really like the guys in shop over there, they have always made me feel confident.

Jon
Yes, check with your shop about any codes blinking.
Would that we all had good scooter mechanics in our areas!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()