Author Topic: de-restricted 07 People S 50 4t with 83cc BBK power loss at 40 MPH HELP!  (Read 2985 times)

Juxpitos

• View Profile
have changed Jet to 105, cone air filter, upgraded exhaust, de-restricted the CDI, no Drive boss restrictions. loss of power at 40 MPH, WHY!!!

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..i'd say be very careful, you might be running very lean...

..must perform a plug chop!!!!

..i'd suspect you might need at least a 120 main jet...

..and that 07 has a smaller oem carb than some of the earlier ppls...

..be very careful..dont want to burn your sh** up!!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Juxpitos

• View Profile
Re: de-restricted 07 People S 50 4t with 83cc BBK power loss at 40 MPH HELP!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:17:56 AM »
Thank you for the advice, it is currently at a mechanics and i will post what they find when i know.

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 09:24:28 PM »
well it's back home and still no luck, so i put a 120 jet in it with no results

skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 09:56:40 PM »
what did the  mechanics say? what had they checked?

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »
they decided not to do sh** and just look at it, they didn't even try and run it to the point of the problem they told me it was put together right but they had no ideas on what it could be. i told them i was going to change jets and they said that might work, well it didn't, i have ajusted the needle put a 120 jet in it and still the same problem, It's not a restriction problem as when it was stock it would do 42-43 now it cuts out about 38-40

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 12:29:53 AM »
also i tried a different CDI with no factory restriction on it and it wouldn't spark the plug, not sure if it was a bad CDI or just not enough power for my scoot.

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2012, 01:00:13 AM »
You should have felt a difference between the 105 and the 120

Either way I'll point out one thing you've already been told to do. PLUG CHOPS! Do it! If you don't know how, google search it. Don't come back on here and say "well I checked the plug". You HAVE to do plug chops. It is more than just looking at the plug.

Getting the jetting right is the # 1 thing you need to do. You can't just guess at it, you're gonna have to buy a bunch of different sizes. Start really big and work your way down one at a time

If you still have a problem after you get the jetting right, then you can start checking other things.

I do have one question. Did the kit come with new reeds?
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2012, 03:41:05 AM »
i will do a plug chop and no the kit did not come with new reeds.

I have noticed a slight difference in the take off power with the 120 jet, but it still cuts out at 40.

i am about to spend $700 on a complete pro-modified GY6 if i can't get this figured out soon.

scootertronics Will NEVER see my buisness, i just called them and got yelled at for asking for something from the website!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:12:32 PM by Juxpitos »

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2012, 01:16:38 AM »
 http://www.4secondsflat.com/plug_chart.html the chart i use with plug chops, The Image attached is my plug, i think it's between a 19 and 22, what do you think?

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2012, 01:38:19 AM »
The white insulator tells you everything. You gotta look way down inside, or cut the threads off the plug. Hence the name plug chop.

This link is much more helpful
http://www.kawtriple.com/mraxl/carb/plugchop.htm
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 01:54:46 AM »
Start from the beginning... Put your air box back on and try a run. That will tell if it is JUST jetting bogging you down. What pipe are you using? There may be an air leak in on or around the pipe. Try the air box first. Then we have a path to follow. Now it is all guess work.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Juxpitos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2012, 08:05:03 AM »
ok will chop a new plug tomorrow, but from what i can tell on my current plug with the 120 jet it wasn't running rich, though i have switched to a 95 as EVERYONE tells me 120 should only be used in a 150 or higher. I have done the trick of drawing a line on both the drive boss and Clutch pulleys from the center out and the line is erased completely on both and from what i am lead to believe from that is i am hitting my top speed but i don't think that should account for the jerking/ sudden loss of power to the motor.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2012, 05:36:25 AM »
Full travel of the cvt is great. It has no bearing on top speed tho. You can get full travel at part throttle depending on the springs, and power from the engine. It's rpm, and torque that make speed. You need a well tuned engine to make both. I'd start with the air box. That will tell more about what is happening. Chops are great when you are close but do no good if you are way off on jetting. your perfect jet may still be a dozen sizes away.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()