Author Topic: Getting new tires for the Supe!  (Read 9692 times)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
Re: Getting new tires for the Supe!
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 11:35:54 PM »
klav,
Did you get it at a dealer? Being nosey too, but will you share what the stock tire cost along with any additional mounting/balancing costs?

I did get it at the dealer.  It is NOT a cheap tire.  I think it was around $110 and that was after a discount.  The last one I bought was $90.  I guess that's inflation.   Mount & Balance was $45.  I wish I could get a City Grip for it but don't want to go up to a 140/70-14 tire.  I know some people have put a 140 tire on their S-8 but no one has been willing to post how it affects the handling.  My dealer recommended not putting that wide of a tire in the S-8 rear wheel, however I understand that it does fit but you have to remove the inner fender.

I expect to replace my S-8 after I get 25K or so on it so I doubt I will need another tire for it. 

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 11:41:50 PM »
(I had to put on a 150/70-13 to replace a scarce 140/70-13  on my Forza - no issues and the radar says my speedo is DEAD accurate with the new tire. Go figure.)
But what I'm really writing about is to ask Klaviator to post some more of his great scooterin' pictures!
Thanks in advance...Stig

From my experience, going up one size like you did on the Forza is never a problem.  I wouldn't think twice about putting a 130 on the S-8 if I could find one.

Some recent scooter pics, well from February:

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Pikipiki44

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 12:53:37 AM »
Just installed a 140/60/14 rear to replace the crappy oem tire and what a difference. I definitelty lost some agility but the additional grip and confidence at speed was worth it for sure. I kept the OEM size up front for now and the new shoes are Michelin city-grips. Awesome tire in the dry asphalt & concrete if I must say. I'll let you know how it does in the rain soon. ScooterzNC gave me an awesome deal and great service!!

DMblues01

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2015, 03:16:46 PM »
Just installed a 140/60/14 rear to replace the crappy oem tire and what a difference. I definitelty lost some agility but the additional grip and confidence at speed was worth it for sure. I kept the OEM size up front for now and the new shoes are Michelin city-grips. Awesome tire in the dry asphalt & concrete if I must say. I'll let you know how it does in the rain soon. ScooterzNC gave me an awesome deal and great service!!

Just curious.....did the 140 tire fit with the rear fender still on?  Someone else mentioned that it would have to be removed.

Duke- 8)
Roxana, IL

Yoda is my spiritual leader.
Vader is my anger management coach!

Eugene

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 10:39:30 AM »
I'm from the Philippines and I use Mizzle M89 130/14. It's a good all-around tire.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()