Author Topic: Kymco people 50 carburetor problem  (Read 33090 times)

philskaggs

• View Profile
Re: Kymco people 50 carburetor problem
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2009, 04:40:26 PM »
This site is really awesome! I started with a bike that I knew nothing about and had little experience with engines. And now I have a kick ass kymco people 50 that runs quite well. And with the knowledge and confidence boost of the people on this site  I was able to do it myself. Thank you to all who replied! :)

Suzie

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 03:58:36 PM »
Your struggle sounds familiar.  I'm about to pick my People 50 up from the shop.  For future reference, where did you get all your parts to do it yourself?

philskaggs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2009, 07:57:43 PM »
I got my parts from many different places. I found a local(richmond,va) dealer that could order parts, kymcopartsonline.com, and ebay. I cant remember which discussion it is but someone in this forum has a link to the shop repair manuals. That was super helpful! Good luck it is a fun adventure.

serwe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2009, 07:06:36 PM »
I have been running into this same problem for about 2 months now. It has been in the shop 6 times in that span, and they have cleaned the carburetor (first time) and then adjusted the air intake screw the subsequent times. About a year ago, the spark plug and the air filter were replaced.

The bike will run for about a week or so after the screw is adjusted, then it will either not start at all or it will just die on me once it gets up to full speed. At times, it will also stop running when idling at a stoplight (30 seconds or so).

This is a frustrating problem and any advice I could receive would be very appreciated.

chubbyrockstar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 05:19:20 AM »
This Sounds exactly whats happening to me on my zx50.. Good luck, im still rackin' my brain, mine runs for 5 seconds then dies and ive replaced nearly everything
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:20:56 AM by chubbyrockstar »

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 12:12:52 PM »
does any one know if a slider carb well work on a agilty 50. trying to get my scoot so it well run better in the cold. it runs fine but needs to worm up for like 10 min ber ride.

emorrison1972

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 04:12:09 AM »
Bump...i am having the same problem on my son's mongoose 50...Is there a process for resetting the fuel air screws...like bottom them out and 1 full rotation out....then fine tune from there...like on most other keihin carbs...you bottom out the screws and then back them out a full turn or two...then fine tune...please help us!  Thanks!

Rory

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 08:20:15 AM »
Make sure the battery is holding a charge and your strator is pumping out enough juice to keep that spark alive and all the lights.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()