Author Topic: Two scoots and one bike  (Read 1217 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Two scoots and one bike
« on: September 30, 2016, 01:09:02 AM »
The Honda 500X has the most mods: pipe, sliders, adjustable levers, Givi screen, fender hugger, TailBlazer tail light, white front fender, reflective rim tapes & center stand. Very glad my son went with an upright bike - his insurance is lower too because of it. He can commute to college, or work, in comfort, and in more control.  Purchased mint/used at a good price with very low miles. He wishes it had gear indicator and ABS, otherwise loves the Honda quality and ride. (me too, re. the ABS)

The Burgman was a new left-over 2013 $2000.oo of list OTD. Fitted quiet ERMAX sport screen - Dr Pulleys , Tailblazer tail light, Iridium, adjustable levers & reflective pin striping, fender extender, mirror stem extensions from UK , bigger Yuasa. Otherwise found it to be a good bike with nothing else I need. Have the Suzuki/Burgman back rest for when wife retires. - but leave it off as it blocks a lot of my hi-viz from the rear. Will put lights in it when we use it.

The LIKE has Dr Pulleys, Iridium plug, Bestem lighted box, rebuilt seat, long mirrors, crash bar set,  Michelin tires, bigger YUASA, Yamaha fuel pump, newer throttle body, Phillips orange headlight . Biggest improvement was the seat !! Ride for hours now - 40mins max before.

All three have battery tender pig-tails and various grip locks, wheel locks and cable locks under the seats.

Red Honda something w/mid size engine (350>450cc) hopefully is only a few yrs away for me....to replace both scoots. Bikes are so much less $ than scooters of same engine size. I like shifting.
Forza is reportedly gone the way of the SilverWing. So will see what Honda does.
Stig
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:12:37 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: Two scoots and one bike
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:39:55 AM »
Hey there Stig. That sure is a nice stable of very happy looking ponies you've got there mate. I checked out the Honda similar to what your son bought. They call them the CBX 500 over here... damn nice machine. I also checked out the 700 which is very similar in looks when I was shopping for a new bike. As you know, I ended up going back to the cruiser style, and bought the Yammy 650, which I'm really happy with. I'm actually going on a nice little ride at the end of the month down to see an old mate way down the south coast of New South Wales ... about a 2500klm round trip, which should be a bit of a blast. So I'll post some pics. Hope all is well with you Amigo.
Best regards.
Hairy Bob  8)
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 10:58:04 AM »
Hey there Stig. That sure is a nice stable of very happy looking ponies you've got there mate. I checked out the Honda similar to what your son bought. They call them the CBX 500 over here... damn nice machine. I also checked out the 700 which is very similar in looks when I was shopping for a new bike. As you know, I ended up going back to the cruiser style, and bought the Yammy 650, which I'm really happy with. I'm actually going on a nice little ride at the end of the month down to see an old mate way down the south coast of New South Wales ... about a 2500klm round trip, which should be a bit of a blast. So I'll post some pics. Hope all is well with you Amigo.
Best regards.
Hairy Bob  8)
Furry Robert...
That's a good healthy ride!
Looking forward to your pictures.
Ride safe
Regards, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 10:42:34 PM »
Having a variety of bikes is fun.  There is no one perfect bike out there.  It's nice to be able to jump on a different bike and appreciate the advantages it has. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 11:34:26 AM »
Well guys, you know I'm jealous. Just flunked Jesus' anti materialism workshop. Sometimes I feel like a dog in heat wanting another bike. Nice looking Honda Tom. You gonna get to ride it?
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()