Author Topic: Kymco people 50cc 6400 miles.  (Read 656 times)

jakeeriksson1@gmail.com

• View Profile
Kymco people 50cc 6400 miles.
« on: June 23, 2015, 01:26:33 AM »
Currently Looking at a 2001 Kymco people 50 scooter. it has 6400 miles on it. This would be my first KYMCO and i'm wondering how long these scooters tend to run, what mileage they start generally having problems, and what are some common problems that they have. Please give me any info you have on the 2001 Kymco peope 50cc. I'm going to look at it tomorrow and would appreciate any feedback!!!

JE
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 11:10:52 PM by jakeeriksson1@gmail.com »

jakeeriksson1@gmail.com

• View Profile
Re: Kymco people 50cc 6400 miles.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 11:11:45 PM »
I looked at the Kymco today. it seemed to be in good running condition but he wouldn't let me test drive it. he drove it in front of me but wasn't comfortable letting me test drive it. IS that a red flag?!?!

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 11:17:16 PM »
If you have insurance to cover you and the scoot plus a legal license then yes it's a red flag.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 01:03:22 PM »
Depends....
Maybe he is just real protective of his old, nice condition, scooter!
This is ALWAYS a touchy subject where I live.....even new scooters cannot be test ridden here unless the dealer is really motivated to sell. Most often....no test rides.
Maybe meet him in a large parking lot....have him put it through its paces. Hard accelerating, hard braking, sharp turns. Sit it, grab the.bars....look for play in the steering....front and rear wheel play ----side to side. Look for abnormal tire wear patterns, scored brake disc, lights all around. Make youself a pest...but check it out as well as you can for half an hour. Repair or service records? etcetera, etcetera.
Might not be a red flag.....just a careful owner like many of us.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()