Author Topic: winter ride just above freezing  (Read 884 times)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
winter ride just above freezing
« on: January 15, 2014, 08:47:02 PM »
  the road was dry, no snow coming down,I rode till I was out of gas ,  a few hours and about 120 miles,. what a nice day!  only my finger tips got cold,. had to stop and warm up,.very nice through towns,. but the highway sure sucks the heat out of the finger tips,  this beats the hell out of riding the tractor snow blower , my gloves are constrution grade insulated leather gloves from TSC farm supply, they work better than my scooter $60. gloves,. and they cost $16.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: winter ride just above freezing
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 01:57:16 AM »
  the road was dry, no snow coming down,I rode till I was out of gas ,  a few hours and about 120 miles,. what a nice day!  only my finger tips got cold,. had to stop and warm up,.very nice through towns,. but the highway sure sucks the heat out of the finger tips,  this beats the hell out of riding the tractor snow blower , my gloves are constrution grade insulated leather gloves from TSC farm supply, they work better than my scooter $60. gloves,. and they cost $16.
Thanks dedee !
There's a TSC about 2 miles from here - think I will hit them up this w/e looking for some warmer gloves.
(think I'll be taking the city bus tomorrow -RATS!- snow in the forecast. Been skating around it all winter so far.)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 05:48:00 AM »
Stig did you make a variator holder out of plywood, I never thought of that I got some 3/4 inch that would have done the trick, and the tools are handy,. hole saw and drill for the bolts,. got all the tools, but I dont work anymore,when I was 75 I took a small contract, but took to long to finish the job, could not stay on my feet for to long,. so no more jobs,.  cant hardly walk , but I can ride all day ,.

sissy mary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »
A $40.00 impact wrench from harbor freight will do the job. No other tools/clamps needed. :-*

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()