Author Topic: DT300i problem with abs  (Read 2324 times)

Sky__BastarD

• View Profile
DT300i problem with abs
« on: November 16, 2013, 03:32:57 PM »
hello from greece

i have 2.5 years that scooter, today a problem happend with abs and electronics, when i open the lights abs work fine but the km indicator doesnt work... abs lamp at speedometer its open also and check engine lamp.... when i turn off the lights doesnt work the ABS at brakes
that happend to anyone from you???

for the scooter i go for service only at kymco garage

de-dee

• View Profile
Re: DT300i problem with abs
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 05:01:51 AM »
in north america we do not have ABS  in kymco scooters so you will not get any info here , unless there is auto mech.s that can tell you about the system for cars,  go to BMW forum you cold get some info there, or honda, 

mrimppis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 08:32:36 AM »
Hello from Finland!

I had similar problem with my DT 300i ABS version. Speedometer was not working and ABS light was on.

Follow the speedometer cable starting at speedometer sensor, there's a connector at below lights and fork.
Mine had one of the two cables broken where the connector is.

Cable brokes easily in time.

8eeman77

• Work hard, ride safe
  • I'm a scooter loving Apiarist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 12:35:43 PM »
It could just be your battery needs replacing, a scooter battery needs most of its charge for the scooter to run correctly. Take it to your nearest mechanic for a service.
The Kymco DT 300i ABS is the best scooter you can get. I love it's carefree automatic ride. I would like to see kymco make a 600cc version but no heavier then the 300. I would buy it for sure

mrbios

• 2005 Kymco Grandvista 250cc
  • Just crusing along on my 2005 GV250
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: DT300i problem with abs -- SOLVED / SOLUTION - Bad Regulator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 08:56:20 PM »
I sent Sky__BastarD an email and he replied back that his regulator was bad and that caused to stator / alternator to put out the wrong voltage which caused the ABS to disable itself.  New regulator, correct voltage and everything is working fine.
PaulC

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()