Author Topic: Added a wing  (Read 3507 times)

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
Re: Added a wing
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 12:12:29 PM »
Thanks.  Bought it from an old guy who loved it.  My wife was watching as I drove away, she said he had tears in his eyes.

I would be riding today as well but need to pick up a 5 gallon bucket of drywall mud at Menards.  A more accomplished rider no doubt could pull it off.
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 01:03:36 PM »
That's what the passenger seat is for.. :)

I rode my 08' out to Camp Perry shortly after I bought it.. It's the home of the Civilian Marksmanship Program's North Store.. I rode the 7 hours out, bought 2 M1 Carbines, strapped them to the back seat and rode back home.. :) And I often go shoot trap and skeet on my BMW, but I don't have a back seat on it, and a luggage rack instead.. I also got a personalized license plate that says FLT BED...

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:07:07 PM by paper »

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 03:25:34 AM »
The Xciting hit the market: 

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=11390.0

http://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/4417354073.html

I rode the wing to work Tuesday and Wednesday, what a nice ride!  If we could only do something about those idiotic beltline drivers.

I admire your flat bed, Paper.  :)
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
Best of luck selling the Like!!! I think my Yamaha Majesty needs to find a new home, too.. 4 bikes and 4 scooters has left me with no room in the garage. The Majesty is wonderful, fast and handles great, but with the addition with the Hyosung I really don't need it. I have a Honda Helix and I was after something that would do interstate speed yet still be a minimalist touring bike..

I was just south of you on Sunday!! I'm in a Grand Tour and this year's theme is to get towns that have double consecutive letters (except for LL) I was visiting a buddy in Albany, and when I rode home I hit Attica, Brooklyn, and Footville. :) I grew up in the HUGE metropolis of Juda, down between Monroe and Brodhead, and I know exactly what you're talking about when it comes to the Beltline.

This week I was working in Becker, MN and I drove past Madison yesterday morning. My office is actually in Beloit.

paper

• I like naps
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 11:53:11 AM »
The Xciting hit the market: 

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=11390.0

http://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/4417354073.html

If that were my ad, I'd toss something in there about the fact that Kymco makes the engines for BMW scooters.. For some reason it tends to shock people, even though it's far from the first time BMW has used someone else to manufacture engines.. The BMW F650 Singles were Rotax engines.. And they're still known for excellent power and longevity. The guys that I know who have BMW scooters rave about the engines!! :)

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 12:10:28 PM »
If that were my ad, I'd toss something in there about the fact that Kymco makes the engines for BMW scooters.. For some reason it tends to shock people, even though it's far from the first time BMW has used someone else to manufacture engines.. The BMW F650 Singles were Rotax engines.. And they're still known for excellent power and longevity. The guys that I know who have BMW scooters rave about the engines!! :)

That's a good suggestion, thanks! 

Craigslist is funny, there's no shortage of buyers for 75 cents on the dollar.  A little patience and better weather and it'll sell.

I had the wing out stretching it's legs Thursday, no faster than just barely above the posted limit  ::) 
Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

CosmoKorny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2014, 03:26:39 AM »
Took the wing for a three hour ride yesterday and found some green grass!  Oh crap I'm sounding like Stig.

Normal is boring.

2006 Kymco Xciting 250

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2014, 12:05:25 PM »
Last Saturday morning, the Wing and I went on our usual Breakfast run to Noel Missouri, about 75 miles south of where I live.

I used the heated seat and grips to take off the early morning chill and enjoyed the cruise control when on the approximate 50 miles of interstate. The 550 watt surround sound blasting my favorite tunes from the built in USB interface, made selection of those 200 classical songs readily available.

Good food and a great ride on a beautiful day is hard to beat.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()