Author Topic: Metallic rattle coming from CVT  (Read 492 times)

SIG4EVA

• View Profile
Metallic rattle coming from CVT
« on: June 15, 2022, 06:07:43 PM »
Hi guys, I just bought a 2014 Agility 50. The scooter has been awesome. I bought a variator and derestrict drive boss and installed them. Now I have a metal rattle that seems to be coming from the CVT area. It doesn't happen under partial throttle. I know everything has been torqued properly. It seems to happen under full throttle but it's intermittent. Do you guys have any ideas? Also, I found this washer, I'm not sure if it was already in the driveway or came from the scooter. The scooter drives totally fine.

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Metallic rattle coming from CVT
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2022, 01:53:32 PM »
Is that washer as thin as it looks?  If so, it could be a thrust washer.  Measure the I.D. of the washer and the O.D. of all the CVT shafts. Check the parts diagram for all washers required on the CVT. 

Onekneedown

• ride more, talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 04:29:20 AM »
Check the starter Bendix.  It will sometimes fall off when putting the drive cover back on.  Scooter will still start and run without it, but makes a little more clanking when first starting.

Onekneedown

• ride more, talk less
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 04:40:26 AM »
The noise issue could be the belt.   My longer polini kevlar 248.062 does it with the 4 gram rollers installed at around 40 to 50 near top speed.  Check rollers and guides are correctly installed as well.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()