Author Topic: My 2012 Agility 50 has electrical issues  (Read 635 times)

DoA-gility2012

• View Profile
My 2012 Agility 50 has electrical issues
« on: April 05, 2022, 04:34:59 PM »
Hey guys, so i bought an agility 50 a couple months ago.  it runs fine and starts up on the first or second kick no matter what.  however, i am having some electrical issues.   sometimes when i am driving, if i turn on the headlights or turn signals, the scooter will start to cut out and die.  this also happens sometimes if i hold the brakes.  it has a new battery so i know that is not the issue.  do i need a new stator or is it an issue somewhere else in the electrical system?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: My 2012 Agility 50 has electrical issues
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 07:06:08 PM »
Welcome to the Forum. Hopefully a 50cc expert will be along to help you shortly.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

punktnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2022, 07:33:42 AM »
With ignition on, measure if there is continuity between the negative side of battery and the frame.
You might need a negative ground properly tied to the frame.

DoA-gility2012

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 04:10:55 PM »
With ignition on, measure if there is continuity between the negative side of battery and the frame.
You might need a negative ground properly tied to the frame.
if this doesnt work, what are the odds it is a rectifier issue? or something else?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 05:53:07 PM »
if this doesnt work, what are the odds it is a rectifier issue? or something else?
While punktnet makes a good recommendation to verify the main ground, caution should be exercised in how you do this or your multimeter will suffer. Further information available upon request.

Your last question indicates, to me at least, that you need to properly perform the ground test before looking to buy parts which usually does not fix the problem.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

punktnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2022, 09:43:52 AM »

To be easier for you, just tie a wire from the negative terminal of the battery to the scooter iron frame.
If the problem is still there, you can forget about this and move on with electrical check on the charge relay and magnetic induction charger.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()